• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Leafs vs Hurricanes.. At some time this evening (7PM)

Tonight was Svetch's coming out party. He was dangerous all night long. Wallmark is settling in nicely and Martinook makes for a fine bodyguard. I'm starting to like this line, particularly if it continues to pose a matchup problem for opponents like it did last night. Faulk also had a very nice game.

Last edited:
I wasn't able to catch this one, but how did Victor look? Was he the effortless bowl of apathy of last year or did he carry himself with some conviction?

I wasn't able to catch this one, but how did Victor look? Was he the effortless bowl of apathy of last year or did he carry himself with some conviction?

Rask had limited minutes in his first outing. He looked fine and seemed engaged. I saw nothing wrong with his effort or play.

Couple of thoughts:

- Happy Thanksgiving (US)

- Let's remember a couple of things ... Rask SHOULD be on a conditioning stint, but is breaking back in on the 4th line for some reason, so let's give the guy a few weeks before we make any judgements. Also, Svechnikov has had several "coming out" parties this season. It's a process and we need to be patient with the inevitable ups and downs. I love that nights like tonight give us a glimpse of what he's going to turn in to eventually, but they are just that. Glimpses. Expecting THAT every game from an 18 year old not named Gretzky is pushing it.

- the effort level was ratcheted up a notch last night. That's great, but again ... winning on effort is a tough ask for any team and it's impossible to be that fired up every game. It's a long old season and you need to make plays even on nights when you don't have frisky legs. Because those are inevitable. Honestly, the biggest difference between last night and similar nights when they've played well and lost was simply the fact that they made a couple of plays in front to get the lead. You've GOT to score to make that work pay off.

- Is McIllhinney making a case to get a ride as the starter with two strong showings in a row? Frankly, when have either of the other two backed up a good outing with another one? Because I think the answer is that they haven't. It's a low bar. Let's be honest.

Couple of thoughts:

- Happy Thanksgiving (US)

- Is McIllhinney making a case to get a ride as the starter with two strong showings in a row? Frankly, when have either of the other two backed up a good outing with another one? Because I think the answer is that they haven't. It's a low bar. Let's be honest.

Happy Thanksgiving!

And yes, he’s making the case. And Brind’Amour is going to run with it. Darling has never won consecutive starts in a Canes Jersey. Never as in never. It’s telling that he was essentially sent home from practice on Tuesday, after getting Monday off in goal.

Back