• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Canadiens 11/27 ... 7:30 Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Carolina is back on road ice tonight, taking on the Canadiens. We can catch up on the starting keeper and other line notes later in the day.

Montreal has fumbled the ball after a hot start to the season, with four straight loses coming into tonight's game to land on 11-8-5 for the year. Picked to be a below the fold team in the East, the Habs came out competitive. In fact, they've been defying conventional wisdom all year. Carey Price is supposed to be the one thing that keeps this team competitive and he's been decidedly pedestrian all year and has a downright Scott Darling-esque save percentage. Max Domi was supposed to be a nice addition as a supporting player, and instead he's leading them in scoring. Drouin was hot garbage last year and has been pretty good so far. Tomas Tatar was done like dinner after that lifeless season in Vegas, except he's not. Weird year thus far in Montreal. Either way, four losses in a row has had a predictable result and they've been freaking out a bit the last few days. They should be fired up for this one.

Carolina put the kibosh to their hot streak for real with that moribund performance in Brooklyn on Saturday. Jake Bean is up and presumably in the lineup tonight, and Brindy came about an inch short of naming McIllhenney his default starter yesterday. Otherwise, he put the lines in the Laviolette Mixmaster 1000 on Saturday but I look for a return to something like normalcy tonight. We'll see how the boys respond. The two teams aren't terribly dissimilar, really. It's not a matchup problem tonight.

Last edited:
Shea Weber is back for Montreal, after missing almost 1 year with foot and knee injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forslund was interviewed this monrning on NHL radio. He stated that McIlhenney was going to start. He said Pesce's injury is a knee. He defended the post-game celebrations as something this team needed for themselves and for the fan base that had eroded over time. He spoke of the number of rookies playing and how their adjustment is impacting the team. He feels Svechnikov has turned a corner and is playing an NHL game and demonstrating his skills more consistently.

Projected lineup per Michael Smith. Bean makes his debut, McElhinney in goal, Zykov and Darling are the healthy scratches.

Foegele-Staal-Williams
Ferland-Aho-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Wallmark-Martinook
McGinn-Rask-Di Giuseppe

Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
Bean-van Riemsdyk

McElhinney
Mrazek

Referees:
Steve Kozari #40, Justin St. Pierre #12

Linesmen:
Brandon Gawrelytz #64, Pierre Racicot #65

Canes were 2-3 with Kozari and 3-2 with St. Pierre last year. Habs were 3-3 with Kozari and 0-5 with St. Pierre. He’s from Quebec but maybe grew up a Leafs fan? Kozari’s penalties trend down from a high of 37% in the first to 30% in the 3rd. St. Pierre’s calls spike at 42% in the 2nd and go down to 28% in the 3rd.

Bean-TVR...what could go wrong there?

The main thing I will be watching for is if we actually use Bean on the PP. I do expect that pair to be extremely sheltered 5v5.

The main thing I will be watching for is if we actually use Bean on the PP. I do expect that pair to be extremely sheltered 5v5.

Pesce needs to get back in there soon, that is a gaping hole on D that only needs to stay gaping if you were trading for Wee Willie Nylander...

Without last change, sheltering them is going to be tricky. It’s almost like having to wait for their top 2 lines to skate consecutive shifts before throwing them out there.

We really only use 1 lefty dman on the PP and that’s Slavin. The first unit has Faulk and Turbo at the point, the 2nd unit is Hamilton and Slavin.

Pesce needs to get back in there soon, that is a gaping hole on D that only needs to stay gaping if you were trading for Wee Willie Nylander...

Might as well even things out a bit, don't ya think

Slavin-Hamilton
deHann-TVR
Bean-Faulk

Might as well even things out a bit, don't ya think

Slavin-Hamilton
deHann-TVR
Bean-Faulk

Well, you'd think but we've all seen how well it goes when Faulk is left to shepherd a young partner. Let's not do that to either one of them, yeah?

in a related note, saw that Hanifin just scored his first goal for kinetico bill.
Well, you'd think but we've all seen how well it goes when Faulk is left to shepherd a young partner. Let's not do that to either one of them, yeah?

Hanifin got 2 that night. A PPG and a SHG.

Hanifin/Lindholm 13 Ferland/Hamilton 14

Skinner 18 Pu 1 AHL goal (Just wait until we turn that 2nd rounder 3rd rounder and 6th rounder into Gold). I swear that Waddell ran that trade through EA Sport NHL 18 Be a GM first and its allowed it.

I about spit my coffee out! thanks for the afternoon levity.

" I swear that Waddell ran that trade through EA Sport NHL 18 Be a GM first and its allowed it.[/QUOTE]'

Canes win but played poorly.. Curtis was big!. Goaltending Who'd have thought it could lead to wins.. :sarcasm

That was 2 stolen points.

Back