• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens place forward Nikita Scherbak on waivers

Kings claimed him. Sucks I feel he barely was given a chance. Agostino, Peka or chaput should have been waived instead.

Kings lost Kovalchuk to injury and are desperate. We’ll see how Scherbak does. Sometimes a player needs a shock to the system like this to get his head straight. He was not doing it with the Habs so at least he’s out west... for now.

4 inches shorter than Bode, a bit puzzling.

cue the "the league is different, size does not matter anymore" responses

I figure there are some here who would have been happy to take Bobby Lalonde or Rocco Grimaldi

Size isn't as important as before but as we saw on Sunday, skill size beats small skill all the time

I figure there are some here who would have been happy to take Bobby Lalonde or Rocco Grimaldi

Size isn't as important as before but as we saw on Sunday, skill size beats small skill all the time

Bode skates like the wind with skill , steal in the second round

I think it’s time for Timmins to go. Not even a finals appearance in his tenure.

YUP ,he has looked good in the OHL in his first year

a few interesting Dman in that range (we picked Ylonen a few earlier)

McIsaac, Wilde, Woo

of course the D i did want was taken later in the second....Calen Addison

a few interesting Dman in that range (we picked Ylonen a few earlier)

McIsaac, Wilde, Woo

of course the D i did want was taken later in the second....Calen Addison
They had McIsaac on their radar, above Romanov, but just not as high as Ylonen.

Even in my son’s league the bigger kids who skate well manhandle the smaller very fast skaters. Luckily my son is tall.

Not that Romanov is "small" . 5'11" and will probably fill out at around 200 pounds. He wont be pushed around, but its a nice advantage to have extra reach when you're a D man.

How old is your son again? 15?

just turned 15 last week, so he plays in Midget, some he plays against will be 18 in January. He was the only first year to make his team as a skater. I jokingly tell him he is a 5'11 swing man as he plays both D and forward, last night, he played both positions in the same period.

I remember he’s a little over 3 years older than my youngest. She turns 12 in February and is already 5’5”.

Back