• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Political Correctness

Except its not a song about rape, its a song some overly sensitive people have taken out of context to make it a song about rape.

Polly wants a cracker
I think I should get off her first
I think she wants some water
To put out the blow torch
It isn't me
We have some seed
Let me clip
Your dirty wings
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
I've got some rope
You have been told
I promise you
I have been true
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
Polly wants a cracker
Maybe she would like some food
She asks me to untie her
A chase would be nice for a few
It isn't me
We have some seed
Let me clip
Your dirty wings
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
I've got some rope
You have been told
I promise you
I have been true
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
Polly said
Polly says…

and based on a real rape story

Last edited:
Polly wants a cracker
It isn't me
We have some seed
Let me clip
Your dirty wings
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
I've got some rope
You have been told
I promise you
I have been true
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
Polly wants a cracker
She asks me to untie her
It isn't me
We have some seed
Let me clip
Your dirty wings
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
I've got some rope
You have been told
I promise you
I have been true
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
Polly said
Polly says…

You listen to shitty music, so what?

Polly wants a cracker
It isn't me
We have some seed
Let me clip
Your dirty wings
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
I've got some rope
You have been told
I promise you
I have been true
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
Polly wants a cracker
She asks me to untie her
It isn't me
We have some seed
Let me clip
Your dirty wings
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
I've got some rope
You have been told
I promise you
I have been true
Let me take a ride
Don't cut yourself
I want some help
To please myself
Polly said
Polly says…

You listen to shitty music, so what?

The issue is, the song sounds like it's the Bill Cosby story.
Let's be honest, it's a horrible, horrible song in terms of quality. It was good to not have it on.

The issue is, the song sounds like it's the Bill Cosby story.
Let's be honest, it's a horrible, horrible song in terms of quality. It was good to not have it on.

It sounds like that in a modern context that didn't even exist back then.

Reading the context of the song when it was written and its actually very innocent.

It sounds like that in a modern context that didn't even exist back then.

Reading the context of the song when it was written and its actually very innocent.

Aaaand we're listening to it in modern times.

Amos and Andy with their "blackface" were beloved and acceptable in their day.... today, not so much.

Aaaand we're listening to it in modern times.

Amos and Andy with their "blackface" were beloved and acceptable in their day.... today, not so much.

That's completely different.

This isn't a song about rape that was okay then and isn't okay now.

Its just not a song about rape at all. Its a song about a woman wanting to stay the night but afraid of what society would think of her. That's not suddenly not okay today. That's still fine. A song about a woman challenging sexual norms in a playful banter isn't something that should be shunned in today's society.

All that is happening is people twisting courtship of the 40s with weird ass situations of today. people were not pooping pills into women's drinks to rape them back then, and they were not singing songs about it. Society today, at least the overly triggered part of it, needs to realize that this is a song about a man and a woman having playful banter before staying the night, not a twisted rape ballad.

That's completely different.

This isn't a song about rape that was okay then and isn't okay now.

Its just not a song about rape at all. Its a song about a woman wanting to stay the night but afraid of what society would think of her. That's not suddenly not okay today. That's still fine. A song about a woman challenging sexual norms in a playful banter isn't something that should be shunned in today's society.

All that is happening is people twisting courtship of the 40s with weird ass situations of today. people were not pooping pills into women's drinks to rape them back then, and they were not singing songs about it. Society today, at least the overly triggered part of it, needs to realize that this is a song about a man and a woman having playful banter before staying the night, not a twisted rape ballad.

All that is fine and dandy, but this song are being heard today, in today's environment.

As for this "today's society being triggered" shit. I guess I can't speak for everyone... but as far as I (and the people I associate with) are concerned... nobody is getting "triggered." It's just being aware. You hear a song that sounds like it's about date rape and you say "damn, that song sounds like it's about date rape." People make it out like people are freaking out.... the only people freaking out are the people who are claiming others are triggered.

Like seriously. I have like 200 "friends" on Facebook. I'd say 75%+ are liberal. Not a single one of those liberal friends posted a single story about "Baby It's Cold Outside" at all... not a peep. But holy shit... I think at least half of my conservative "friends" are outraged about the liberals being triggered.

Not a single liberal friend has said a single word about being offended by "Christmas" or that we should say "happy holidays." I would say that I see at least 50 posts a year on FB from conservative friends saying that they're not afraid to say Merry Christmas or that liberals are anti Christmas.

People are triggered alright... but it's not liberals.

All that is fine and dandy, but this song are being heard today, in today's environment.

As for this "today's society being triggered" shit. I guess I can't speak for everyone... but as far as I (and the people I associate with) are concerned... nobody is getting "triggered." It's just being aware. You hear a song that sounds like it's about date rape and you say "damn, that song sounds like it's about date rape." People make it out like people are freaking out.... the only people freaking out are the people who are claiming others are triggered.

Like seriously. I have like 200 "friends" on Facebook. I'd say 75%+ are liberal. Not a single one of those liberal friends posted a single story about "Baby It's Cold Outside" at all... not a peep. But holy shit... I think at least half of my conservative "friends" are outraged about the liberals being triggered.

Not a single liberal friend has said a single word about being offended by "Christmas" or that we should say "happy holidays." I would say that I see at least 50 posts a year on FB from conservative friends saying that they're not afraid to say Merry Christmas or that liberals are anti Christmas.

People are triggered alright... but it's not liberals.

Someone, somewhere, complained about this. And you see it in news reports, people saying in the me too era that a song like baby its cold outside is no longer acceptable because its a rape song.

And youre right, liberals don't care. Liberals were not offended by the song, conservatives weren't offended by the song, some overly sensitive person was offended by the song and because of this tiny minority the vast majority of people who either liked the song, or didn't care about it one way or another were told that it was a song about date rape.

Its such utter nonsense, that yes, it gets a reaction.

https://people.com/music/baby-its-c...-stations-reinstate-song-despite-controversy/

A week after the song, which was first penned by Guys and Dollswriter Frank Loesser in 1944, was pulled from San Francisco’s KOIT radio station due to its contentious lyrics, it was reinstated on their holiday playlist lineup.

On Monday, KOIT said in a statement, “After hearing from thousands of Bay Area listeners via polling, phone calls, emails and social media, KOIT concluded that the vast majority consider the song to be a valuable part of their holiday tradition, and they still want to hear it on the radio.”

When the station had heard from some listeners who were concerned about the song’s lyrics, KOIT’s program director Brian Figula decided to place it on hold last week while seeking further listener feedback.

According to CBS News, Figula said the vote was not close and that KOIT found 77 percent of listeners were opposed to banning the song.

“KOIT’s listeners have spoken, and the overwhelming message is they do want to hear ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ on our station, as they have throughout the years,” Figula said in a statement. “More than seven out of every 10 listeners who responded said although some lyrics of the song may reflect a different era and a different sensibility than today, still they love the tradition and history of the song, and want to hear it as part of their holiday season.
thank god the majority of people don't give a shit about a tiny minority of people with sticks up their asses.

Someone, somewhere, complained about this. And you see it in news reports, people saying in the me too era that a song like baby its cold outside is no longer acceptable because its a rape song.

And youre right, liberals don't care. Liberals were not offended by the song, conservatives weren't offended by the song, some overly sensitive person was offended by the song and because of this tiny minority the vast majority of people who either liked the song, or didn't care about it one way or another were told that it was a song about date rape.

Its such utter nonsense, that yes, it gets a reaction.
https://people.com/music/baby-its-c...-stations-reinstate-song-despite-controversy/
I'll put it this way... if not for this board and my conservative friends on Facebook... I'd not have heard a single word about the "controversy." I believe it was you that brought up the issue on here and we had a couple page discussion. Other than that the only thing I've seen or heard are people on Facebook outraged about people being triggered... I'm just not seeing the triggered people.

So yeah, someone out there noticed that the lyrics sounded rapey and pointed it out. But it's definitely "conservatives" that have made it a big deal.

thank god the majority of people don't give a shit about a tiny minority of people with sticks up their asses.

They do care though... they're obsessed with the opinions of an extremely small minority.

I'll put it this way... if not for this board and my conservative friends on Facebook... I'd not have heard a single word about the "controversy." I believe it was you that brought up the issue on here and we had a couple page discussion. Other than that the only thing I've seen or heard are people on Facebook outraged about people being triggered... I'm just not seeing the triggered people.

So yeah, someone out there noticed that the lyrics sounded rapey and pointed it out. But it's definitely "conservatives" that have made it a big deal.

They do care though... they're obsessed with the opinions of an extremely small minority.

I wasn't the first to bring it up.
At what point does it cross the line though?

There is a petition running to remove the Rudolph cartoon from syndication because it’s normalizes bullying

Baby Its Cold Outside has been deemed about date rape

I’m all for PC but it seems being woke is the new fad. If you are not offended by everything then you are shunned

Page 2. I only started commenting on this thread page 4.

And while you are not seeing the triggered people, someone is out there trying to get this song pulled from the airways.

and as for conservatives* making a big deal about it, its simply because a small minority of people are shoving their beliefs on the masses. most people enjoy the nice holiday song. A few people don't. Those few people get it pulled from the radio so nobody can enjoy the song. That's stupidity. And thankfully, people did make it a big deal, and radio stations walked back and are playing it again. If people didn't make a big deal about it, it would have stayed pulled off the airways.

So yay people, and hurray for common sense. Those who got it pulled from the air can simply turn off their radios if it bothers them that much.

* I don't believe for a second only conservatives found this to be ****ing stupid.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...by-its-cold-outside-top-10-digital-song-sales

about 1944 song surges by 70 percent in sales.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" has come under fire of late, with some radio stations banning the holiday standard in light of the #MeToo movement and others defending and continuing to play it. Frank Loesser wrote the song in 1944, and its storyline of a male suitor who attempts to dissuade his object of affection from leaving for the chilly outdoors is being newly dissected.

Despite the controversy, or perhaps in part because of attention generated by it, a version of the song hits the top 10 of Billboard's Digital Song Sales chart for the first time. Dean Martin's take, recorded in 1959, is the chart's Greatest Gainer, soaring from No. 31 to No. 10 on the Dec. 22-dated list, up 70 percent to 11,000 downloads sold in the week ending Dec. 13, according to Nielsen Music. A week earlier, it returned to the chart with a 257 percent blast to 7,000 sold.

For a second consecutive week, Martin's cover is the second-best-selling holiday song, below Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You"
LOL

Back