• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

In Leafs Forum History... an anthology.

62344_528210951840_2496686_n.jpg

63073_528210921900_1910507_n.jpg

Kinda funny that when you go back and look at the cf% many of those years... he was actually proven right....we just got caved by unfathomably bad goaltending.

T-1000 is still my favourite. If only because the T-1000 loses at the end of the movie, it was the perfect call by a fanbase convinced that they had multiple titles coming their way.

Other favourites:

- I understand the mind of the professional athlete better than you do because I coach volleyball
- Wellwood/Higgins...but only because we both lost.
- The Matthews/Laine argument pre draft
- The forum being in on save percentage something like 5+ years before the rest of the hockey watching universe accepted it as the best individual goaltending stat available
- Hurrican Mitsin (I think that was his rap name before he found medications and jesus)
- Tim ****ing Brent
- Nik Antropov, 30 goal scorer
- The board members who were happy about the Steen/Cola trade. "Steen is nothing special".

Who the heck was happy about that trade? I thought it was unanimous that it was an insanely stupid deal.

But Cola was nothing special.

I started at fanhome. Someone during my undergrad years introduce me to the Raps board. I quickly found a home on the Leafs board. Met a few of you at a bar downtown once (including aforementioned Leafsnation)

Has anyone mentioned "backbone" Cory Coss yet? That was fun too.

Kinda funny that when you go back and look at the cf% many of those years... he was actually proven right....we just got caved by unfathomably bad goaltending.

I wouldn't equate middling to bad cf% (only one year were they anything above middle of pack) as proving those teams were good, but there's no doubt they were sunk before they started by the goaltending.

Tyler Bozak was the #1 centre for most of this time.

Yeah, I distinctly recall just about everyone freaking out over trading a first rounder + for a backup with a .908 sv%.

Yeah, I distinctly recall just about everyone freaking out over trading a first rounder + for a backup with a .908 sv%.

nah. most were excited by the trade.

everybody loved his drunken first radio interview.

it took a while for us to sort out the difference between his pre-lockout elite sv% as a pure backup and his below avg sv% as a platoon starter. his numbers were similar enough to nabby's that most thought he was clearly a starter in waiting.

in fact back then it wasn't even clear that .908 was bad.

embarrassingly it was one of the habs fans that maintained he was just a backup.

He only went down from there.

As I think about it, yeah, it was horror after the fact. More uncertainty than anything but I think a fair bit of skepticism after the Raycroft debacle.

oh yeah I remember crushing on vokoun.

that whole debacle was the last straw for me in ever ignoring save percentage again.

I think we were mostly skeptical but hopeful.

Looking at the stats back then, mid-9teens to .920 was the mark for good goaltending. 2006-07 is funny because looking at goalies by win, there's this giant outlier: Andrew Raycroft, .894 sv%, 37 wins.

That team was certainly not too bad.

Back