• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

In Leafs Forum History... an anthology.

BG

Thought this would be fun, and something to occupy us over the Christmas break.

Literally hundreds of thousands of words and thoughts have been typed and shared by this group over the decade plus that we have been posting together.

Share your favourite posts/threads, whether they were classic arguments, flame-out posts, drunken ramblings. Maybe something another poster shared changed your view on the world, or helped you in some positive way. Obviously if you can find a link to said material, please share - but do share a few quotes in your responses. If there is no link, please at least try to include a date, or season for the purposes of creating a virtual timeline.

I will compile a timeline of links/stories in this post as they are added.

Cheers everyone.

1998-2003 "the Dryden/Quinn years" [Hockeyboards/Fanhome-TheInsiders]

- Kaberle vs. Markov went on for several seasons between the Leafs/Habs boards
- Watching a play-off game at FloydianLeaf's house
- Leafs/Sens playoff rivalry
- The Sens/T-1000 reference, and Sens comparison to the Islanders dynasty
- Alfredsson hit on Tucker earning him the "rat-face" nickname
- Cory Cross "backbone"
- the Swullet
- The Nassau Coliseum incident reported by 'Tuckerfan93'
- the term "super-elite"
- Board Meet-ups in downtown Toronto for play-off games

2003-2008 "the JFJ years" [FanHome-Scout/TheScoreBoards]

- the lockout season (2004-2005)
- the Mark Bell trade / Mark Bell blind-siding Alfredsson
- MNIJ had a famous drunken rant in which he referred to Hal Gill as "treebitch"
- the "Phony Pony" nickname
- Ian White vs. Carlo Colaiacovo ('fiestyboy' tirades)
- "the Woz"
- Nik Antropov "30 goal scorer"
- Wellwood/Higgins debate
- "Jiri's Tlusty"
- Toskala trade, and the significance of SV%
- The Sundin broken stick
- JFJ fired, Fletcher named interim GM, trades Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak
- Sundin nixes a deadline trade to the Habs

2008-2015 "the Burke/Nonis years" [Forum Ice]

- The Kessel trade - risky trade that backfired with both picks
- The Phaneuf trade - coined "Phanoaf" by kb (only to be traded to the Sens)
- the 'LeafsNation' arc and eventual flameout
- Tim ****ing Brent
- Burke files a defamation lawsuit against several online posters including one on Forum Ice
- defending Burke after he was fired

2015-2018 "the Shanaplan years"

- Matthews/Laine pre-draft arguments

------------------------------

Posters MIA:

JaysCyYoung
Metalleaf
hockeylover
Leafovic
PKforce81
PTBNL
Leafyblue
angelfish
PQ
IrishWolfman
FRANTIC
voyager
eason97
mikedumar
LeafNation
LeaferSutherland
Gilmour4ever
youreachiteach
Bermygoon
Leafer4Life
theShrike
Studin
bruno
oGmious
Mats13
GoalPoster
little meshie
serbianleaf
Veteran
Corson27
Tuckerfan93
GOLEAFSGO
GLG
Wylle
mapleleafsrock
leafz
TMLinsider
LEAFSrule
Salty
The Tre Kroner
mogo
thehabhater
Matt H
egil
BIG_WOOD_STICK
jangofett
McCabe24
Lakovic
Blaghaus
zubrus2
Renberger
ArmchairA
drewser
NON-LEAF POSTERS
JohnnyHolmes
Neil25
JD Beans
cneely
pierrepuck
stevedepot
corksens
the_undead
broadstreet

Last edited:
I was just thinking that every now and then I read the name Wayward DP and laugh my ass off at the origin story.

A few examples:

Kaberle arguments
"Treebitch"
Defending Quinn/JFJ/Burke

We're at two decades now. I started on the old HB around this time in '98. Might have been early '99.

We're at two decades now. I started on the old HB around this time in '98. Might have been early '99.

True BL, I joined in 1998 I think. I figured out a way to connect my work PC to the company internet (dial-up modem), it's been a ride ever since.

True BL, I joined in 1998 I think. I figured out a way to connect my work PC to the company internet (dial-up modem), it's been a ride ever since.

heh, yeah, now that you mention it, I was using dial up back there. Stone ages. **** we're getting up there.

Yep.

I remember one of the first topics I discussed on the old Hockeyboards was the Mike Johnson for Darcy Tucker trade, which was made in February of 2000.

You were already there at that point, along with a few others (LF4E, meshie, BG, Jeremy...I'm not sure who else at this point).

I believe I began in 2001. I thought it was funny to post fake trades and get a rise out of people. Was banned off the hop, had an ongoing rivalry with Floyd which I obviously regret now.

I was 12 to be fair. I've grown up a lot since then. An incredibly mature adult now.

You know what, come to think of it not much has changed on my end. I'm basically the same person

Last edited:
no-beer-and-no-tv-FINAL-DETAIL-02.jpg

I remember way back telling LGM that they should make him the GM. His reply: "That'd be great but I'm 16 years old."

Does anyone remember all the different sites we've been at over the years?

I remember joining in 2001, when my neighbour (don't think he posts here anymore) showed me the message boards. I'm not sure I was even in high school at that point.

We've had what, Scout, theScoreBoards, ForumIce, FanHome (I think this my what I originally joined). I'm definitely missing some in there.

Some of my favourite memories... GLG's absolute loathing of all things Pat Quinn, battles with feistyboy, kb being kb. really all the playoff battles against the Sens back when there were sensfans around to engage with.

Lost a lot of good posters from back in the day. PTBNL seems to pop in every now and again though.

When I joined it was Hockeyboards, the rest is a blur. I know the site was sold, maybe to Scout? There was a mass exodus, somewhere, maybe from Fanhome to here?

Back