• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Ducks 12/7 10:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes wrap up the west coast roadie in Anaheim.

Can’t win if you don’t score. The Canes have scored 2 goals in their 3 game losing streak (0-2-1) and haven scored more than 2 goals since 11/23, when they beat the Panthers 4-1. That followed a 5 goal outburst against the Leafs and represents a month’s with of goals at the current rate. Staal is out with a concussion, Maenalanen will make his NHL debut and the line combos will go into the blend-o-matic.

An OT loss to the Ducks last Friday started the current slide. Since then, the Ducks beat the Caps 6-5 and The Blackhawks 4-2.

A relatively early night on Fox Sports Carolinas. Maybe I’ll last longer than the 1st period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ... the Ducks found their offense after playing the Canes, but were fairly blunt in attack in Raleigh. Hopefully they revert to that, because the Ducks are too good a defensive team for Carolina to expect to get jump started on offense at the Pond. Staal and Ferland both being out is a BIG knock on the team physicality and size, and this is NOT a good opponent to face in that scenario. Fingers crossed on this one, but I'm not even a little optimistic.

Tonight is also a dark v. dark jersey game. The link below says it’s the first time in 18 years for a regular season indoor game.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/12/07/how-the-hurricanes-ducks-all-dark-uniform-matchup-happened/

Tonight’s officials:

Referees:
Francois St. Laurent #38, Jon McIsaac #2

Linesmen:
Pierre Racicot #65, Bryan Pancich #94

Canes are 1-1 with St. Laurent and 1-0 with McIsaac this year after going 2-4 and 3-2, respectively, last year. Both heavily weight their penalties early. McIsaac calls 54% of his penalties against the home team, tops in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff by our Captain, puck jumps over his stick at the line leading to a shorthanded breakaway and eventual goal. Then 10 seconds later he takes a tripping penalty.

Good stuff by our Captain, puck jumps over his stick at the line leading to a shorthanded breakaway and eventual goal. Then 10 seconds later he takes a tripping penalty.
give an assist to Hamilton for the lazy pass that got stolen after the breakaway

Back