• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #30 DEC 8, HNIC: TOR @ BOS

The worst thing about this game is they could have helped dig Boston a nice hole. Gave 'em life.

This is where our gud pros being pussies bothers me. I don't expect our skilled players to answer the bell for that shit. But Brown, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Lindholm, Ennis, Marleau, etc...All pussies. Hyman isn't a fighter, but he plays a fairly tough game so he gets a pass there. I get that the league has changed and we don't need fighters, but we have secondary players that just don't/can't engage physically. I'd actually rather have a Grundstrom/Marchment on that 4th line than Ennis/Brown. If they're going to be buried, at least play angry and get buried.

100%

The coach worries me. He gets owned a fair bit.

Watch out break outs vs break outs against us. I see so many clean break outs under forecheck pressure against us. But on the other side, I see a lot of bad outlet passes, a lot of deflected outlet passes, etc. Maybe I'm just overly critical of my team, but I'm getting tired of seeing us look really unorganized, getting tired of only looking fast against teams that allow us open ice to skate in.

They're constantly trying to stretch the opposition defense through the neutral zone. In theory that's fine but you can't have guys like Hainsey and Zaitsev doing this. They can't make the passes consistently or even occasionally. The forwards are usually too far out breaking for the outlet and often get caught with turnovers.

Add to this his deployment and how weak some forwards are in their own end and it gets pretty unsightly. He's got a bunch of gud pros he relies on defensively and they aren't particularly good at it.

Overall, they don't look to be well coached. Guys like Matthews and Marner don't seem to be getting good tutelage on defensive play. I don't see any improvement in their two way game. While Kapanen and Johnsson aren't awesome, they're better than those two. One pair was groomed by Keefe, the other not.

Last edited:
Dubas has to take one of his two toys away and the easiest answer is Hainsey

As long as hes on the roster he will continue to lean on him

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

If Babcock is gonna have them all throw stretch passes, Dubas needs to upgrade at least Zaits and Hainsey. Maybe Rosen can help. It's ugly watching those two breaking out. At least Hainsey has the good sense to defer to Mo. Zaitsev, no sense at all. Seems to forget Jake's there a little too often.

I don't watch the games at all. I hate this coach that much. John Taveres, I feel so sorry for you, for signing with this goof. You are the modern day Jean Ratelle.

I don't watch the games at all. I hate this coach that much. John Taveres, I feel so sorry for you, for signing with this goof. You are the modern day Jean Ratelle.

He played for the Islanders. Garth Snow was the GM his entire time there.The team was owned by a guy who thought Sumo wrestlers in goal was a great idea. Babcock and the Leafs are a dream for him compared to the sideshow he was in.

Last edited:
I can’t even comment on this game.

It pisses me off to no end that this one ****ing team can destroy us against near impossible odds.

we are 1-2 against Boston.

last year we were 3-1. in the playoffs 3-4.

the year before we were 4-0.

But when the chips are down, they rip our souls out.

On what planet does a decimated squad like theirs crush our fully healthy team?

I was settled in and expecting a nice 7-2 rout or something, only to watch that garbage.

At least Matty & Sons looks good, and Kadri’s line had some jump, but Marner and Tavares have been terrible the last couple games. Andersen was not mentally there at all last night either.

We really need to not play them in the playoffs this year. We need a new team, one we can put down fairly easily in the first round to build up our collective postseason confidence.

Back