• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #32: 7:30, DEC 13 - TOR @ TBL - Time to Weigh Our Balls

It'll get lost in the Vasilevskiy performance, the final score, Andersen's save percentage......but we should walk away from this damn proud of the boys. They fed the (other) best team in the NHL their lunch the entire game.

Boys played their asses off, shift after shift after shift..

True.

4th line the only one to be on the wrong end of the possession battle

Matthews and Johnsson led the way with 73%CF

Watching Tampas skilled tough guys take liberties with JT and Kadri a few times makes me want Dubas to look for a guy or two who fit that mold be it within or through a deal.

Simmonds name and history will inflate his trade value but a guy like that would be nice to have in the lineup

Another game, another game I did not watch. I just tune in here, to hear the voices I trust to give me the goods. I hate Babcock, that much

I might watch the playoffs, but I doubt I watch a single regular season game, its that strong a dislike.

Their balls are heavy and unlucky.

That was one of the best games they've ever played. They made a statement. You can call it a moral victory, but in December this kind of moral victory might be more valuable than 2 points. They completely dummied the best team in the league. It was ugly for Tampa, outside of 90's Hasek.

Last edited:
I want the PP units changed a bit.
PP1: Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Kapanen, Rielly
PP2: Kadri, Nylander, Johnsson, Marleau, Gardiner

Leafs played maybe their 2 best games of the year with Hyman out of the lineup.

Yup. Looked like a legitimately elite team both games. Honestly for the first time this season. I'd need a bigger sample to blame Hyman entirely but it is interesting how dominant they've been for two games now. Very interesting.

Especially considering they played an elite possession team that they always get dominanted by in the canes, and the best team in the NHL. They dominanted both games. That's unreal.

Problem with PP not the crew but stupid triangle they play which is easy to defend, 2 ppl in front of net vs 2 defenders and goalie trying to squeeze it through while other 3 stands flat which is too easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Babs has to do is stack the lines. That alone will make a big impact.

And stop using your 4th line right after a goal. Its predictable and he got burned by Cooper for it on the 4th goal which essentially put the game away. My concern level with this coach is high, the stubborness and head shaking personnel choices needs to stop

Problem with PP not the crew but stupid triangle they play which is easy to defend, 2 ppl in front of net vs 2 defenders and goalie trying to squeeze it through while other 3 stands flat which is too easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the same thing Tampa does. Stamkos/Hedman/Kucherov play.

I am not too concerned about Marner and Matthews figuring out ways to score on the PP.

Admittedly, I did not see the entire game.. but what I did watch was fast and fun. The one thing I'd like to see from this team, is an ugly goal now and then. Push the goalies pad across the line, knock a d-man down in front of the net, get a little dirty in front of the net. Making perfect plays isn't the only way to score - and when you come up against an excellent goaltending performance (especially in the playoffs) sometimes you need to make things happen.

Wouldn’t Brendan Gallagher look good in that department? The blue paint is his office. Love that guy’s game.

Rumor has it Shaw is available, he also collects the garbage.

Wouldn’t Brendan Gallagher look good in that department? The blue paint is his office. Love that guy’s game.

Rumor has it Shaw is available, he also collects the garbage.
His contract is hot garbage though, at least for a team like the Leafs.

We can't afford long-term $4M AAV deals for bit players and supporting pieces.

If you are going out to get garbage pickers grab guys with expiring deals

Speaking of what is the deadline to sign Nash? I wonder if that may be a play for Dubas

Back