• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs Vs Panthers

That game should have never gone to OT. The Panthers third goal was total bullshit. Flagrant holding on Dermott to create the chance.

NHL sucks.

This coach is ****ing brain-dead. Look at these lines and TOI distribution. ****ing nuts.
And we'll see this shit again in the playoffs.

I didn't watch a minute, I cannot watch a Babcock coached team. What happened? Barkov? Incredible, amazing hockey player. That is who you give a big bank to.

very interesting watching the latest twists in the NHL vs. Auston Matthews battle.

first off, the book is clearly hit him hard right now. Second, teams aren't giving him that easy curl off the boards take the pass and score play anymore.

will be interesting to watch the kid adjust.

Well, he's not wrong about Babcock. The guy is a tool. Now that he isn't getting elite goaltending, they've dropped four of their last five games. Freddy is regressing hard (.894 sv% this month). 14 goals in 3 games to divisional rivals.

There's no way a team with this much talent should be so mediocre across a range of metrics. But Mike insisted on dispensing with a possession monster, plays top two defensive pairings with boat anchors every game, gives Marleau way too much ice ... this all goes a long way to producing those metrics.

We're now almost half way through the season and, despite Zaitsev's and Hainsey's shitty play, Holl sits welded to the pressbox. Would he really be any worse than those two? We'll never know.

What a shit ending to a great last ten minutes following a shitty first fifty minutes.

Rielly left his brain on the bench on the OT goal. What in the world. Pee wee mistake.

And Dermott maybe should’ve drawn a penalty there, but he misplayed that third goal badly. All he had to do was carry his momentum and knock the puck around the boards to his partner, but he wanted to try to make a play there and got burned.

I’ll repeat what I’ve been saying for the last few games -something is wrong with Matthews. It looks like his shoulder is ****ed up again. His passes are off, he can’t hit the net, his dekes are a second too slow, he doesn’t drive into the boards with reckless abandon to retrieve the puck. Something is up.

Relied on luck, their pp and goalie for the majority of the year. With those two average-below average, this team is probably a leagur average one. Good news is, the pp likely won't be bad for long and there's potential for Andersen to be a top 5-10 goalie too. May push them to a top ten spot when all is said and done, but they really need to be better 5 on 5 if they have the cup on their mind. Winning the cup is often mostly luck-based but playing better 5 on 5 would certainly give them better odds. No reason why they can't... They just seem disorganized, which to me isn't really a personel issue.

I do think babcocks biggest issue is his talent evaluation. It's not a good sign when Leivo is the odd man out from this group, Zaitsev is relied upon as a top four d when the two guys on the bottom pair are imo clearly better, and Zach Hyman has a cemented spot on a top two line. But now I'm starting to wonder about him tactically too. He just hasn't gotten them to play anywhere close to organized, crisp hockey.

Back