• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Coyotes 12/16 1:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The 2nd game of a 5 game homestand.

The Canes come in having blown a 3 goal lead on Friday to the Caps. The ‘Yotes come in having erased a 3 goal deficit at the Rangers and winning in OT. When they played in Glendale in early November, the Canes erased a 3 goal deficit only to lose in OT.

The ‘Yotes still lead the league in PK% at 88.2% and with 10 shorties. Michael Grabner has 4, Brad Richardson has 3. Clayton Keller leads with 8 goals and 15 assists. Rookie Adin Hill gets the start in goal, he’s 1.81/.932 in 8 games but in his last 3, his GAA is over 3 and his Save % is under .900.

Got some 4 on 4 hockey going on in the second. Forslund commented that the Canes have had some decent luck in these situations lately.

I never knew that Herman Melville was a Whalers fan until Tripp pointed it out. Thank you for the 18-19 season version of Kaiton's corner, Tripp... :shrug

2 SOG on the power play, but Foegle breaks his drought with a goal afterward. 1-0 Canes.

PDG draws a penalty... against that PK I almost want to decline it. Too bad this isn't football...

Nice breakaway by Aho out of the box... doesn't result in a goal, though.

Galchenyuk tries to score with a high stick, no goal.

Aho & Co. respond with a goal. 3-0.

Last edited:
Something happen to Svech? Fors and Tripp commenting that he went to the locker room.

Ah. Cross check.

Canes will finish the game on the power play. Well, unless they manage to score.

Or if Hamilton takes a penalty... I was gonna say "stupid penalty," but if Tripp thinks it was a smart play...

...and Mrazek gets his first shutout as a Hurricane.

:party:

Last edited:
That was a completely unnecessary cheap shot cross check by Goligoski on Svech that injured him.

Most complete game I've seen in-person out of our boys this season. Fun afternoon at the PNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good team effort, if not the most exciting of games. Great play defensively - boxing them out most of the game. Hope this is the re-awakenng of Foegle.

Bishop, Kuokkanen and Darling were sent to Charlotte after the game. That means Staal, Ferland and McElhinney are ready to come back and that Aho is staying at center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of a shame for Bishop who was finally starting to get some traction on the fourth line. Kuokkanen has promise as well, but needs to find his legs at NHL speed.

Pretty good team effort against a team that looked to be really feeling their long road trip. Still, that’s the kind of game you have to lace me up tight and go work for, and they did that. I hate that hack cost Svech the end of the game because he’s really flying right now, but that’s the way it goes in this league. Show some promise and the idiots will starting hacking away at you.

Cherkers also play on Tuesday, the Canes don’t play again until Thursday. We could see them later in the week.

Cherkers also play on Tuesday, the Canes don’t play again until Thursday. We could see them later in the week.

Yeah, a five game break for the big club gives time for Svech to recover from that cross check as well.

Darling can stay in Charlotte for all I care, though.

You can really see some decent potential with Bishop. I also like his hustle and his willingness to play physical.

Tripp wouldn't stop talking about Bishop's hustle today. I wanted to take it with a grain of salt considering... well, y'know... Tripp. But maybe he's actually on to something.

Granted, we've always had plenty of 4th line muckers and grinders. But Bishop does play physical. Looks semi skilled.

Tripp wouldn't stop talking about Bishop's hustle today. I wanted to take it with a grain of salt considering... well, y'know... Tripp. But maybe he's actually on to something.

Knowing Tripp, he knew that Bishop would be going back to Charlotte soon and wanted to say a bunch of nice stuff before he got the tap. Tripp is a guy who plays HARD to the fact that players' parents and other family watch the broadcasts. That's one reason he slobbers all over a seemingly random group of guys ... he knows their Mom/Dad/Uncle who works for the league/Whatever is listening.

And I'm not surprised that Bishop is going back. I mean, he's an AHLer. But he has finally been here long enough to get used to the pace and has only recently started to become effective as a grinder. He's got the potential to be a real PIA 4th liner, but we were only just starting to see him do anything beyond simply surviving shift to shift.

And FWIW, Kuokkanen isn't going to become a better NHL player in Charlotte. The kid has NHL skills and makes smart decisions already. He needs a speed adjustment and a better comfort level. Frankly, if he's in our long term plans, then he should stick around.

Last edited:
Back