Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Game 35 - Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

  1. #61
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    regressing to the mean?
    Considering how much of the offense ran through him, that's not good.

  2. #62
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Considering how much of the offense ran through him, that's not good.
    I thought you wanted us to lose...
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  3. #63
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    I thought you wanted us to lose...
    Too late for tank nation.

    Its playoffs or 9th now.

  4. #64
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Too late for tank nation.

    Its playoffs or 9th now.
    You realize that "9th" could be like 20th-22nd in the NHL right? Teams draft based on overall standings, not conference standings.

    You're too young to have dug your heels into this incorrect "9th" thing.

  5. #65
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    You realize that "9th" could be like 20th-22nd in the NHL right? Teams draft based on overall standings, not conference standings.

    You're too young to have dug your heels into this incorrect "9th" thing.
    Woooooo!

    20th!

    10th overall pick! Woooooo!

  6. #66
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Woooooo!

    20th!

    10th overall pick! Woooooo!
    That's better than 15th.

    Anyways "Tank Nation" isn't dead by any means.

    The Habs started the season 5-1-2 and have gone 12-12-3 since (and the latter record is mainly inflated because the Ottawa match-ups).

    The 12-12-3 pace the team has played since the 5-1-2 start would have them currently in the 7th draft spot. The Habs were always gonna need some luck in the lottery.

    This upcoming stretch is important for both "Tank Nation" and "Murky Middle Nation." The Habs could very easily lose 5 or 6 of their next 8 games.

    http://www.espn.com/nhl/team/schedul...real-canadiens

    In a nutshell, Tank Nation is not dead.

  7. #67
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game 35 - Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    That's better than 15th.

    Anyways "Tank Nation" isn't dead by any means.

    The Habs started the season 5-1-2 and have gone 12-12-3 since (and the latter record is mainly inflated because the Ottawa match-ups).

    The 12-12-3 pace the team has played since the 5-1-2 start would have them currently in the 7th draft spot. The Habs were always gonna need some luck in the lottery.

    This upcoming stretch is important for both "Tank Nation" and "Murky Middle Nation." The Habs could very easily lose 5 or 6 of their next 8 games.

    http://www.espn.com/nhl/team/schedul...real-canadiens

    In a nutshell, Tank Nation is not dead.
    I’m confused 8-days ago (after the Minny loss) prediction was losses would start piling up, then they beat Canes & Sens and all was quiet.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    We beat Ottawa and Chicago (two true bottom feeder teams). The losses for the Habs will likely start piling up again now that that stretch is over.
    Hmmm I sense a pattern.. except this time a lawyer-ese “could” has been thrown in.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  8. #68
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    59,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 - Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    He plays with sample sizes to make an argument. When we won five of six, he was silent, now he says, well since the first eight we are,,,
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  9. #69
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    Phil has 3 goals in his last 53 games lol. He also plays the 3rd most minutes amongst forwards. There’s not another team in the league that does this. He’s easily the most overrated player on the team.
    He's the new Plekanec

  10. #70
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Benn on the top pair was the difference.

    Scoring one goal was the difference.

    Price being interfered with was the difference.

    Horrible PP again... was the difference.

    This game is out of hand without Price standing on his face in the 1st 10 minutes of this game.
    The timing was poor and I was pissed because he pretty much ruined a perfect night for himself.

  11. #71
    ADMINuteman Habspatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lookin for a place to happen
    Posts
    80,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    He's the new Plekanec
    Except when Pleks was his age, he was a very good 2nd line centre.

  12. #72
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 35 -Montreal Canadiens @ Colorado Avalanche - WED DEC 19TH 8:30 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    Except when Pleks was his age, he was a very good 2nd line centre.
    Being misused as a first line center.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •