• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Official Hurricanes Playoff Position Tracker

Edit ... just saw that Darling did in fact report back to the Checkers, but that whole situation is just weird. I really think they're going to cut bait on him ASAP.

My heart breaks for the guy. Sure, he made a bundle of money that most of us would love to have and he had an opportunity to be a real Cinderella story, but that just didn't happen. I hope he continues on a substance-free path. There's a lot more to life than hockey.

My heart breaks for the guy. Sure, he made a bundle of money that most of us would love to have and he had an opportunity to be a real Cinderella story, but that just didn't happen. I hope he continues on a substance-free path. There's a lot more to life than hockey.

Yep, that’s where I land too. There is more to life than hockey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. And IIRC, Darling would still be eligible for the NHL's various player support programs even if he's being bought out. I think it's important that he continue to get treatment and to work towards being solid for whatever he wants to do next. Carolina has generally treated former players not named Alex Semin (who disappeared) or Jeff O'Neil (who burned every bridge he could find, including some he went out of his way to find) quite well. I hope they'll be there for Darling as well.

The tenor of some of the comment here suggests that Darling is having clinical mental health issues. I’m sure that’s possible and one could infer it, but has that actually been reported anywhere?

I wish the best for the guy whatever the situation is.

The tenor of some of the comment here suggests that Darling is having clinical mental health issues. I’m sure that’s possible and one could infer it, but has that actually been reported anywhere?

I wish the best for the guy whatever the situation is.

Personally, I'm not trying to diagnose Scott or anyone else. He has openly discussed his clinical mental health issues in the past, however. Treatment for that is generally ongoing. And no, that hasn't been reported ... nor should it be unless he wishes to discuss the matter himself.

Back