• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Blue Jackets 1/4 7:30

Dilly Dilly!

That was a pretty solid win by the Canes. A few spots where they lost their game, but for the most part they were carrying the game and were first to pucks. Good on Kegger coming up like that and making a showing.

Yes, that is a 3 game winning streak. Ottawa (last place in the conference) is next up. Got to have that game.

Last edited:
As noted, solid effort and a good win. $5 Bud Light nights are proving to be fun, even if they make me feel a bit sheepish about approving of the old fashioned shill of liquoring up a crowd every so often. Kegger was a jolt of energy, and the 4th line might have been Carolina's best last night. Mainalanen was good too ... winning board battles and making good positional decisions. If he had shown that last time he was up I don't think we'd have had to endure PDG in the lineup for as long as we did. This time he was ready. And don't get too carried away with McKegg ... great name, good hustle, but he's a plumber. Nothing more, nothing less. Like Brindy said, we've got a lot of guys like that in the system. Kegger, Bishop, Brown ... take a number and take your turn.

As noted the only negatives are that 5-6 minute stretch of the third when the Canes just couldn't get any traction at all and the 2 minute meltdown in the 2nd when they gave up those two goals. Otherwise they controlled the game nicely and really took the pace to the BJs ... who, to affirm Torts' pointed comments, did look a little disinterested. And hey ... Atkinson didn't score on us. That's been rare over the last couple of years.

Fun time last night at the PNC. Good solid play, especially from the 4th line. I was on pins and needles through most of the 3rd period, but give the guys credit for hanging in there. And the post-game celebration was awesome.

Back