Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 42 - Nashville Predators @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT JAN 5TH 7:00 EST

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 42 - Nashville Predators @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT JAN 5TH 7:00 EST

They have no clue on how to break out of their own zone tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Game 42 - Nashville Predators @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT JAN 5TH 7:00 EST

1st lines been out for 2-of-3 goals against, completely ineffective

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 42 - Nashville Predators @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT JAN 5TH 7:00 EST

So many sloppy passes

Post Thanks / Like

This reminded me of that horrible Boston game, we were never in this one
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

It's like the boys decided they would put in "x" amount of effort tonight, no more no less. The emotion was never there.

Post Thanks / Like

These are not games players like Drouin and Tatar excel in so that’s two offensive cogs that are neutralized
    Go Habs Go!

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nashville's D is too good to fall behind 2 goals. Not a great performance by much of the team.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    These are not games players like Drouin and Tatar excel in so that’s two offensive cogs that are neutralized
    Yup - too bad there’s no Tkachuk type in the system.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

With the assist on Weber’s goal, KK becomes the 3rd player in the history of the Mtl Canadiens to attain the 20-point mark before the 19th birthday

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    What does Agostino do?
    Takes ice time away from talented players.

Post Thanks / Like

300 career assists for Subban now after this game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    Takes ice time away from talented players.
    I just don’t get the identity of the fourth line, I could possibly buy into a fourth line that was physical and threw their weight around beacuse at least its better than being completely useless.

But these are players that bring nothing as a three man unit
    Go Habs Go!

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don’t get the identity of the fourth line, I could possibly buy into a fourth line that was physical and threw their weight around beacuse at least its better than being completely useless.

Trade for Tyler Toffoli. Put him with Domi n Drew.
    When Shaw is back, he and Byron are on the 4th line.
    Balanced team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Blond View Post
    Trade for Tyler Toffoli. Put him with Domi n Drew.
    When Shaw is back, he and Byron are on the 4th line.
    Balanced team.
    What is being given up to acquire Toffolli that LA actually covets?

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Game 42 - Nashville Predators @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT JAN 5TH 7:00 EST

I like the 4th line minus DLo - Chaput & Agostino play hard on the puck, Peca adds top end speed & he’s performed better on W vs C.

Preds clogged up the neutral zone last night, except Armia, KK (especially in the 3rd) & 4th line everyone else had all kinds of issues keeping the puck....

The Preds game plan will be used increasingly in the 2nd half and successfully by teams like Preds without many holes.

Habs don’t have the elite talent to compensate or the size factor with current lineup

- Geoff Molson

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    I like the 4th line minus DLo - Chaput & Agostino play hard on the puck, Peca adds top end speed & he’s performed better on W vs C.

Preds clogged up the neutral zone last night, except Armia, KK (especially in the 3rd) & 4th line everyone else had all kinds of issues keeping the puck....

The Preds game plan will be used increasingly in the 2nd half and successfully by teams like Preds without many holes.

Habs don’t have the elite talent to compensate or the size factor with current lineup
    I keep getting told on social media, size no longer matters in hockey. I am told you can have an entire team of 5'10 170 players and win.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    I keep getting told on social media, size no longer matters in hockey. I am told you can have an entire team of 5'10 170 players and win.
    Those same people will need to watc, as I predict both TBay & Leafs bow out early in the playoffs -ballerina tutu hockey will only take you so far, which is definitely not the promised land of NHL playoffs.

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Those same people will need to watc, as I predict both TBay & Leafs bow out early in the playoffs -ballerina tutu hockey will only take you so far, which is definitely not the promised land of NHL playoffs.
    Good luck trying to take down Tampa. Which might be the habs job... Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Good luck trying to take down Tampa. Which might be the habs job... Lol.
    Present day TBay Lightning will go down as the Mtl Expos “team of the 80’s”...

Depending on health of Price & Weber and a couple of key (not necessarily big fish additions at deadline), I give this Habs team a good probability to win in a 7-game series

I expect both TBay & Leafs to be upset early in the playoffs this year - I don’t think either are capable of handling the expectations being placed on their shoulders
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 01-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Present day TBay Lightning will go down as the Mtl Expos “team of the 80’s”...

Depending on health of Price & Weber and a couple of key (not necessarily big fish additions at deadline), I give this Habs team a good probability to win in a 7-game series

I expect both TBay & Leafs to be upset early in the playoffs this year - I don’t think either are capable of handling the expectations being placed on their shoulders
    I expect Tampa to at least make the second round. Teams aren't this dominant for so long only to implode

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast