• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Senators 1/6 1:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Looking to extend the winning streak to 4 games, the Canes hit the road.

Can this be the first 4 game winning streak since early October? The Canes are coming off a somewhat unexpected win over Columbus, which saw the Canes debut of journeyman Greg McKegg, who responded with a goal and an assist. It was a game where his and Wallmark’s lines were perhaps the 2 best all night long. McElhinney was solid in net.

The Sens are dreadful, winless in their last 7, 2-7-1 in their last 10 games, DFL with 35 points. Theyve been outscored 32-16 on their losing streak. They’ve scored 29 more goals than the Canes but also given up 53 more for a league worst 167 goals allowed. Mark Stone has 20 goals and 26 assists, Matt Duchene has 17 and 24 and there are 4 others with at least 10 goals, including dman Thomas Chabot, who is out with an upper body injury. After tearing his Achilles in September, JG Pageau is expected to make his season debut today. I saw a note on Twitter that rookie Marcus Hogburg will start in goal. He’s played 3 games and carries a 3.69/.895 stat line.

Fox Sports Southeast again for TV.

There is ample evidence that every team in the league considers playing rookie goaltenders against us due to our historical results against them.

This is the game the Canes have to win.

Any tips from the cord cutters in ways to watch this game in the Raleigh area?

Repair your cord? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your right. Before cutting we're trying out YouTube TV. So far I see no way to get these games unless I pay extra from NHL streaming and then it's not clear if the game will get blacked out.

Your right. Before cutting we're trying out YouTube TV. So far I see no way to get these games unless I pay extra from NHL streaming and then it's not clear if the game will get blacked out.

Canes games are blocked out on NHL.TV if you’re in the Triangle.

There is ample evidence that every team in the league considers playing rookie goaltenders against us due to our historical results against them.

This is the game the Canes have to win.

As must win as it gets without a doubt for the Canes. Luke had a great article about how few and far between the winning streaks have come the past 9 years for this org.

Should be channel 324 on Spectrum, CanesCountry tweeted that the pregame show is on even though the guide says Formula E racing.

Foxs Sports Go has the game on now, even though my YouTube TV region is for Foxs Sports Carolinas.

Canes get a PP goal from Faulk and a shortie from McGinn and it’s 2-0 inside 5 minutes.

Faulk and McGinn both scoring in the 1st period of the same game is either a sign of the pending apocalypse or that the Canes are officially on a hot streak. For now, it's 50/50 for me.

I see the early season Canes have decided to show back up over the last couple of games. Great to see, but makes most of November and December that much more frustrating. I am hoping the recent improved play is not a direct result of an easy schedule stretch. Got to love young teams!

Duchene scores early 2nd to cut the leader in half but Slavin answers with a blast., 3-1 with 11 to go in the 2nd.

Hogburg was chased after Slavin’s goal, making it 3 goalies in a week that have been pulled early.

Dzingel scores on the PP to get within 1 but Hamilton answers to restore the 2 goal lead. That’s goals in 3 straight for Dougie, I’d say he’s starting to warm up.

The old Canes are back. Rudolfs Balcers gets his first career goal at 19:12, 8 seconds later Pageau gets his first of the season. Both softies that Mrazek should have had.

The old Canes are back. Rudolfs Balcers gets his first career goal at 19:12, 8 seconds later Pageau gets his first of the season. Both softies that Mrazek should have had.

Mrazek doing his best Scott Darling impression today, just hot garbage in goal.

Teravainen on the PP, Nilsson had a mask full of Williams’ butt and it’s 5-4.

Edit: Williams gets the goal, he must have gotten a piece of Turbo’s shot.

Wasn’t pretty, but I’ll take it...very strong response in the third period.

Canes close it out 5-4. In a tie game, the Canes held Ottawa to 2 shots in the 3rd.

NHL Public Relations was busy today too. With the PP goal and shortie, the Canes became the first team since December 27, 2008 to score both in the first 5 minutes of a game. With Faulk, Hamilton and Slavin scoring, it was the first time since March 21, 2009 that 3 different Canes dmen scored in the same game, when Babchuk, Corvo and Pitkanen did it. And Hamilton’s 3 game goal streak is the first time for a Canes dman since Babchuk did it in February 2008.

Back