• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The worst Powerplay in franchise history

Re: The wosrt Powerplay in franchise history

I really blame ovechkin making the umbrella/diamond the META setup. Every team uses it, but not every team has the personnel to make it work.

The habs clearly don't, but they haven't moved from it, they keep trying to make it work. But at this point its insanity.

The whole point of the umbrella is setting up one timers from the hash marks, but you need quit puck movements to open them, and we don't really have the shooters to make it a threat. You also need to have a legit shooter as the guy in the middle to prevent people from cheating on the outside.

And I don't think I've ever seen someone as good as Markov at setting up a one timer. I recall some player even commenting how he always put the right spin on the puck for the guy he's setting up depending on if they were a lefty or righty.

I remember Arpon Basu talking about this... and if I remember correctly, he asked Weber about it and Shea had no idea what he was talking about haha.

The passes. But also the cutting in back door.

He was one of my favorite Habs. Let's sign him in April! Yeah I know, they can't.

Anyone know if he can be signed now but not play until April?

He was one of my favorite Habs. Let's sign him in April! Yeah I know, they can't.

he might have to clear waivers and I am sure some pissant team would claim him just to screw us.

Funny, I always liked him a lot... but I like him even more in hindsight. One of my top 5 all time.

Roy, Guy, Koivu, Markov, Richer... Gallagher is moving up.

I'm 43 years old so that's why there's no pre-80s guys. Of course Guy is probably more of a 70s guy.

Funny, I always liked him a lot... but I like him even more in hindsight. One of my top 5 all time.

Roy, Guy, Koivu, Markov, Richer... Gallagher is moving up.

I'm 43 years old so that's why there's no pre-80s guys. Of course Guy is probably more of a 70s guy.

yeah Guy would have been in rapid decline by the time you remember him.

At least you are realistic in your favs. I hate it when someone who never saw a player live claims player X is their fav. Not sure how that is possible.

For me, Guy, Larry, Ken, Roy, Naslund and Mario Tremblay

At least you are realistic in your favs. I hate it when someone who never saw a player live claims player X is their fav. Not sure how that is possible.

And if I'm being 100% honest... I don't even know for sure that I remember watching Guy play as a Hab. I just remember knowing that I should love him cause he was my dad's favourite when I was a kid. Then I met him and got his autograph when I was like 12. So he's basically on my list cause he was my first favourite player before I really know anything.

bionic blueberry ruined whatever legacy he had with me by being a shit coach....but it wasn't really his fault he was hired to do a job he wasn't able to properly prefer for

For me: Douglas Murray, Francis Bouillon, Jeff Hackett, Mike Ribeiro, and Craig Darby

My faves. Lemaire, Dryden, Chelios, Gainey, Robinson, Subban

and George Vezina

Carbo was one of my favorite from the 80s along with Roy, Richer and Larry. Then Damphousse. And Markov. And then Subban. :(

Back