• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Rangers 1/15 7:00

Last night was the 8th game in 13 days. Maybe they were a little leg weary, they certainly didn’t start on time.

But the schedule monkey has more horrors in store after the break. The Canes play 13 games in 26 days in February with 2 back to backs and 16 games in March with 5 back to backs (every weekend) 4 of which involve travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ... el bomb-o, brought to you by Acme Products. Kudos to Maenalanen and the 4th line for refusing to sink into the tar pits with their mates, but God help us all that was awful. Defense, bad. Possession game, worse. Passing, clueless and erratic. Effort, legless. Goaltending, Mac's first real stinker for the Canes. It was comprehensively horrible and put a big old stake through the heart of their streak.

Good news? Ottawa's next. Better news? It's a Friday home game and the Canes have all sorts of good sense memories from those. So, go ... play better next time. That might sound lenient but streaks tend to end in misery and there's little point dwelling on it.

truth.. i still remember a particular 0-9 "Thrashing" I sat through (till the end) late in '05; that broke a NINE game winning streak.

Ah, yes...I remember it well. My son and I sat through it at the then RBC to the bitter end. #WhateverItTakes

It was the very first game I ever left before the final horn. Right after they scored their 9th. Thrashed by the Thrashers...

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

truth.. i still remember a particular 0-9 "Thrashing" I sat through (till the end) late in '05; that broke a NINE game winning streak.

We were hosting other girls hockey teams that weekend. One of them was nominally from Nashville, but a good many of the players were from Atlanta. It’s got pretty ugly in the outer reaches of 329 that night.

Bottom line ... there's an easy way out of this bad performance. Go beat Ottawa like a drum on Friday. You don't need to change anything other than maybe the goaltender, because there's really nothing that a few line or pairing shifts would "fix." EVERYBODY needs to play better, smarter and with an acceptable level of energy and determination.

So, go do that and everybody turns the page. Fail to do so, however, and you face the bleak prospect of climbing onto a plane Saturday afternoon for a LONG flight to Edmonton and doing some collective soul searching. I know if I was on that team, that's a thing I'd rather avoid if at all possible. Time to bust a gut on Friday, boys.

Bottom line ... there's an easy way out of this bad performance. Go beat Ottawa like a drum on Friday. You don't need to change anything other than maybe the goaltender, because there's really nothing that a few line or pairing shifts would "fix." EVERYBODY needs to play better, smarter and with an acceptable level of energy and determination.

So, go do that and everybody turns the page. Fail to do so, however, and you face the bleak prospect of climbing onto a plane Saturday afternoon for a LONG flight to Edmonton and doing some collective soul searching. I know if I was on that team, that's a thing I'd rather avoid if at all possible. Time to bust a gut on Friday, boys.

Yep. If they smoke Ottawa, we’re all back in the land of milk and honey. Lose to them though and it could turn into a 5 game slide headed into the break.

Beer did not help any

We had another 9 game streak that year and I have no idea which team broke that one.

They followed up that 9-0 loss to Atlanta with a 4-5-1 record in their next 10. The 2nd 9 game winning streak ended in Washington on January 21, 5-2. Followed that up with a 5 game winning streak.

Yep. If they smoke Ottawa, we’re all back in the land of milk and honey. Lose to them though and it could turn into a 5 game slide headed into the break.

Easily. Edmonton is a mess, but they've been a .500 team since the new year. Calgary, of course, has grudges out the wazoo and I'd bet Carolina gets plastered in that one. And Vancouver ... OK, Vancouver is pretty bleh, but they have several guys who give us fits just the same.

Back