• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Odds of Habs making the playoffs

Again, you don't need to guess. These are calculated for us with algorithms and facts.

I didn’t read the methodology, but the probabilities likely account for current standings, remaining schedule (including #of games left, quality of opponents, home/road games) and quality of team, based on current record (which also accounts for GF/GA). So the Habs’ quality of team is based on current standings, which includes Weber being injured for half the games. Assuming that the team is much better with Weber playing all games, then the Habs should actually have a better chance than 74% or whatever the current chance, provided key players stay relatively healthy. What I don’t think the simulations account for is the probability that something disastrous like Price getting injured happens that tanks the season (like in 2015-16).

These bubble teams cant have lets say a 5-7 game slump or they will out .

These potential 3 point games make catch up very difficult

It is between us and the Sabres now pretty much for the final spot. A game or two now over 500 for the rest of the way puts us in.

I think Carolina passes the Sabres. Advance stats show Montreal and Carolina in the top 5 in Corsi and expected scoring and Buffalo in the bottom 10.

It is between us and the Sabres now pretty much for the final spot.
If Bruins & Leafs don’t create separation in the standings using their games in hand in the next 2-weeks, it could be much higher than the final playoff wild card spot, just sayin...

I think Carolina passes the Sabres. Advance stats show Montreal and Carolina in the top 5 in Corsi and expected scoring and Buffalo in the bottom 10.

If I recall teams like the canes and isles have a habit of having great second half seasons...that doesn’t show up in the algorithms but has an impact.

If I recall teams like the canes and isles have a habit of having great second half seasons...that doesn’t show up in the algorithms but has an impact.

past performances are not a guarantee of future results

I love it when we back into the playoffs......top teams overlook us....

No they don't.

There is a reason why only 1 or 2 8th seeds have won the Stanley Cup in this history of the NHL. This whole "anything can happen in the playoffs" is actually complete bullshit when you look at history and facts.

Outlier's aren't the norm.

No they don't.

There is a reason why only 1 or 2 8th seeds have won the Stanley Cup in this history of the NHL. This whole "anything can happen in the playoffs" is actually complete bullshit when you look at history and facts.

Outlier's aren't the norm.

Nothing beats the NFL in that category...

Back