• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

Lebrun or McGuire had a stat this week about how many games were played on average during the regular season by Cup winning goalies in past 10 years.....Price is wayyyyy over that average. Simply put, he's probably got nothing left in the tank come playoff time
It's 55-57 GP, Price is presently on pace for 60GP, which is not that far off the pace. He likely won't get any back-to-backs in the near future. Niemi will likely start to see more action, like tomorrow night for example.

Lebrun or McGuire had a stat this week about how many games were played on average during the regular season by Cup winning goalies in past 10 years.....Price is wayyyyy over that average. Simply put, he's probably got nothing left in the tank come playoff time

I hate to break it to you but we're not winning the Cup this year no matter how many games Price is gonna play.

With the way 31 is playing we could take a deep run. This has been such a fun year so far, amazed at this team right now.

With the way 31 is playing we could take a deep run. This has been such a fun year so far, amazed at this team right now.
But that will require an astute addition (not to be confused with headline making mega deal) or two at the deadline.

If those additions allow Byron & Armia to slot in as 4th line regulars (assuming Shaw returns healthy), all of a sudden there’s really good depth.

Byron and Armia are not 4th line players Sal.
That’s exactly my point.

Hypothetical situation: should MB be able to land say Toffoli for some combination of a grade B prospect (Fleury, Evans) + pick, assuming a healthy Shaw - one of Lekhonen/ Byron and one of Armia / Shaw gets moved down the pecking order essentially upgrading the 4th line.

As much as the coaches get bashed, Julien does deserve credit for the way these guys are playing. I have also noticed that the call-ups have been better prepared to be inserted into the lineup so some credit to the staff in Laval too.

That’s exactly my point.

Hypothetical situation: should MB be able to land say Toffoli for some combination of a grade B prospect (Fleury, Evans) + pick, assuming a healthy Shaw - one of Lekhonen/ Byron and one of Armia / Shaw gets moved down the pecking order essentially upgrading the 4th line.

Temper your expectations. I think that if there is a young player (under 26) that comes available then MB will kick the tires but I do not think he will make a huge splash unless it's too good to say no to and those rarely happen. I could see a LHD as a depth move but doubt he gets a top pairing guy.

Temper your expectations. I think that if there is a young player (under 26) that comes available then MB will kick the tires but I do not think he will make a huge splash unless it's too good to say no to and those rarely happen. I could see a LHD as a depth move but doubt he gets a top pairing guy.
I don’t expect a splash either, and don’t think he needs to either - it’s all about identifying & acquiring an undervalued player because he seems plateaued with another org, but capable of incremental improvement for remainder of this season and continued growth over next few seasons in a new environment towards fulfilling potential.

What MB has at his disposal is cap space - can he pry say a Robert Hagg from Philly by taking on Weise’s contract for example. Something of that nature.

The problem there is that most teams are expecting a buyout amnesty with the new CBA and may just hold onto some contracts instead of pay to get out from them.

The problem there is that most teams are expecting a buyout amnesty with the new CBA and may just hold onto some contracts instead of pay to get out from them.

Valid point but Weise’s contract for example expires after 1-more season (2019-2020).. serves no purpose towards amnesty buyout.

With Flyers rumored to be ready to open up the coffers for Bobrovsky and some $48M tied up already in 12-players - having to replace key top-6 (Simmonds likely via UFA) and locking up RFAs like Provorov, Konecky etc. they just may be looking to jettison some cap space.

Last edited:
You have to consider their organizational stupidity where goalies are concerned. I fully expect the Flyers to once again go for a cheaper goalie.

I wouldn’t count on a deep run but we may make the playoffs comfortably.

What I like is the stability at center...domi is 23, Danault is 25, JK is 18

Stability at center is key to playoff success in a coiple of years these centers will be playing in the right chairs with JK a #1, domi a #2 and Danault #3

You have to consider their organizational stupidity where goalies are concerned. I fully expect the Flyers to once again go for a cheaper goalie.

They should just stick with Hart, or else they might repeat the Bobrovsky/Bryzgalov scenario again, although Bob is a much better goalie.

As much as the coaches get bashed, Julien does deserve credit for the way these guys are playing. I have also noticed that the call-ups have been better prepared to be inserted into the lineup so some credit to the staff in Laval too.

I bashed him hard last year, with reason, but he's done a good job this year. And while success has not been there in Laval, I agree that players are coming up better prepared. Just the turnaround in Mete's play has been remarkable.

I'm hoping the same happens for Juulsen. I really believe he can settle into a second pairing LD successfully. The tools are there.

Yes, I think Juulsen will be fine. He was a stud at the beginning of the year and has shown a steady progression since drafted. I also think he'll be a solid top 4 for us in the future, which is why I don't want him traded, yet.

I wouldn’t count on a deep run but we may make the playoffs comfortably.

What I like is the stability at center...domi is 23, Danault is 25, JK is 18

Stability at center is key to playoff success in a coiple of years these centers will be playing in the right chairs with JK a #1, domi a #2 and Danault #3

Our future success ......everything depends on our current crop of prospects developing .

We need to nail 3-4 of these players to develop into top 6 and top 4 D .

Enjoy this year cause this is an overachievement year with a team no front line talent and basically 2D worth anything

They should just stick with Hart, or else they might repeat the Bobrovsky/Bryzgalov scenario again, although Bob is a much better goalie.

They will run with Hart until he proves he cant play . They waited 3 years for him to make the team and pointless to chase another vet .

Fletcher has to start ripping up the core just like the Blues . Team has reached the end of the road

Back