Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

  1. #41
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Lebrun or McGuire had a stat this week about how many games were played on average during the regular season by Cup winning goalies in past 10 years.....Price is wayyyyy over that average. Simply put, he's probably got nothing left in the tank come playoff time
    It's 55-57 GP, Price is presently on pace for 60GP, which is not that far off the pace. He likely won't get any back-to-backs in the near future. Niemi will likely start to see more action, like tomorrow night for example.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  2. #42
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Lebrun or McGuire had a stat this week about how many games were played on average during the regular season by Cup winning goalies in past 10 years.....Price is wayyyyy over that average. Simply put, he's probably got nothing left in the tank come playoff time
    I hate to break it to you but we're not winning the Cup this year no matter how many games Price is gonna play.

  3. #43
    Legend Isaac25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    24,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    With the way 31 is playing we could take a deep run. This has been such a fun year so far, amazed at this team right now.

  4. #44
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    With the way 31 is playing we could take a deep run. This has been such a fun year so far, amazed at this team right now.
    But that will require an astute addition (not to be confused with headline making mega deal) or two at the deadline.

    If those additions allow Byron & Armia to slot in as 4th line regulars (assuming Shaw returns healthy), all of a sudden there’s really good depth.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  5. #45
    Legend Isaac25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    24,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Byron and Armia are not 4th line players Sal.

  6. #46
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    Byron and Armia are not 4th line players Sal.
    That’s exactly my point.

    Hypothetical situation: should MB be able to land say Toffoli for some combination of a grade B prospect (Fleury, Evans) + pick, assuming a healthy Shaw - one of Lekhonen/ Byron and one of Armia / Shaw gets moved down the pecking order essentially upgrading the 4th line.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  7. #47
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    Byron and Armia are not 4th line players Sal.
    If they were we'd have an awesome team.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  8. #48
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    With the way 31 is playing we could take a deep run. This has been such a fun year so far, amazed at this team right now.
    As much as the coaches get bashed, Julien does deserve credit for the way these guys are playing. I have also noticed that the call-ups have been better prepared to be inserted into the lineup so some credit to the staff in Laval too.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  9. #49
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    That’s exactly my point.

    Hypothetical situation: should MB be able to land say Toffoli for some combination of a grade B prospect (Fleury, Evans) + pick, assuming a healthy Shaw - one of Lekhonen/ Byron and one of Armia / Shaw gets moved down the pecking order essentially upgrading the 4th line.
    Temper your expectations. I think that if there is a young player (under 26) that comes available then MB will kick the tires but I do not think he will make a huge splash unless it's too good to say no to and those rarely happen. I could see a LHD as a depth move but doubt he gets a top pairing guy.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  10. #50
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Temper your expectations. I think that if there is a young player (under 26) that comes available then MB will kick the tires but I do not think he will make a huge splash unless it's too good to say no to and those rarely happen. I could see a LHD as a depth move but doubt he gets a top pairing guy.
    I don’t expect a splash either, and don’t think he needs to either - it’s all about identifying & acquiring an undervalued player because he seems plateaued with another org, but capable of incremental improvement for remainder of this season and continued growth over next few seasons in a new environment towards fulfilling potential.

    What MB has at his disposal is cap space - can he pry say a Robert Hagg from Philly by taking on Weise’s contract for example. Something of that nature.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  11. #51
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    The problem there is that most teams are expecting a buyout amnesty with the new CBA and may just hold onto some contracts instead of pay to get out from them.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  12. #52
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    The problem there is that most teams are expecting a buyout amnesty with the new CBA and may just hold onto some contracts instead of pay to get out from them.
    Valid point but Weise’s contract for example expires after 1-more season (2019-2020).. serves no purpose towards amnesty buyout.

    With Flyers rumored to be ready to open up the coffers for Bobrovsky and some $48M tied up already in 12-players - having to replace key top-6 (Simmonds likely via UFA) and locking up RFAs like Provorov, Konecky etc. they just may be looking to jettison some cap space.
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 01-19-2019 at 11:07 AM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  13. #53
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    You have to consider their organizational stupidity where goalies are concerned. I fully expect the Flyers to once again go for a cheaper goalie.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  14. #54
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac25 View Post
    With the way 31 is playing we could take a deep run. This has been such a fun year so far, amazed at this team right now.
    I wouldn’t count on a deep run but we may make the playoffs comfortably.

    What I like is the stability at center...domi is 23, Danault is 25, JK is 18

    Stability at center is key to playoff success in a coiple of years these centers will be playing in the right chairs with JK a #1, domi a #2 and Danault #3
    Go Habs Go!

  15. #55
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    You have to consider their organizational stupidity where goalies are concerned. I fully expect the Flyers to once again go for a cheaper goalie.
    They should just stick with Hart, or else they might repeat the Bobrovsky/Bryzgalov scenario again, although Bob is a much better goalie.

  16. #56
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    As much as the coaches get bashed, Julien does deserve credit for the way these guys are playing. I have also noticed that the call-ups have been better prepared to be inserted into the lineup so some credit to the staff in Laval too.
    I bashed him hard last year, with reason, but he's done a good job this year. And while success has not been there in Laval, I agree that players are coming up better prepared. Just the turnaround in Mete's play has been remarkable.

  17. #57
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    I'm hoping the same happens for Juulsen. I really believe he can settle into a second pairing LD successfully. The tools are there.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  18. #58
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Yes, I think Juulsen will be fine. He was a stud at the beginning of the year and has shown a steady progression since drafted. I also think he'll be a solid top 4 for us in the future, which is why I don't want him traded, yet.

  19. #59
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I wouldn’t count on a deep run but we may make the playoffs comfortably.

    What I like is the stability at center...domi is 23, Danault is 25, JK is 18

    Stability at center is key to playoff success in a coiple of years these centers will be playing in the right chairs with JK a #1, domi a #2 and Danault #3
    Our future success ......everything depends on our current crop of prospects developing .

    We need to nail 3-4 of these players to develop into top 6 and top 4 D .

    Enjoy this year cause this is an overachievement year with a team no front line talent and basically 2D worth anything

  20. #60
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 47 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - FRI JAN 18TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    They should just stick with Hart, or else they might repeat the Bobrovsky/Bryzgalov scenario again, although Bob is a much better goalie.
    They will run with Hart until he proves he cant play . They waited 3 years for him to make the team and pointless to chase another vet .

    Fletcher has to start ripping up the core just like the Blues . Team has reached the end of the road

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •