• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #46: Big Game Tonight

zeke

Big Game Tonight

49279880_10161312338475029_4003699600580935680_o.jpg

Last edited:
Must win game. If they lose, they'll miss the playoffs and will be forced to trade for Ben Lovejoy. If they win they're still screwed because they won't be able to afford anyone
They're ****ed!!!!

Timmy and I have made the sacrifice of being in Tampa to represent for this one, and I completely understand why Stamkos chucked up middle fingers at us and stayed on a discount after spending the day here.

With that said, we've seen Leaf gear all over downtown Tampa today, it looks like it's going to be our usual away game with a couple thousand fans showing up regardless of where we play.

Nope. I completely understand and support his decision. Tampa is wonderful.

As do I. Just kidding around.

I haven't been to Tampa in about 25 years. Last time I was there (Naples actually but went up there), there was a letter to the editor in the Tampa Bay Times saying to send the Iraqis "Truman's postcard" (time of the first illegal war against Iraq). Disgusting.

it's eery how similar the bolts and leafs defensive stats are.

TOR: 32.4sa/gm, .912sv%, 2.84ga/gm
TBL: 32.3sa/gm, .912sv%, 2.83ga/gm

offensively, though, we haven't been able to keep up, mostly because our PP shortcircuited and theirs keeps on pumping.

it's eery how similar the bolts and leafs defensive stats are.

TOR: 32.4sa/gm, .912sv%, 2.84ga/gm
TBL: 32.3sa/gm, .912sv%, 2.83ga/gm

offensively, though, we haven't been able to keep up, mostly because our PP shortcircuited and theirs keeps on pumping.

Cooper >>>>> Babcock

I don't know about anyone else but seeing Babcock go back to his old soother does not inspire confidence.

I always enjoy these little snippets:

Active Stick
‏ @TheOakLeafs

Stats as of 202 GP

Nylander* (22) 138P 463 Shots 11GWG
Kucherov** (22) 138P 474 Shots 9GWG

* Has no heart? (doesn't go into dirty areas)
** Became a really good player as predicted

Timmy and I have made the sacrifice of being in Tampa to represent for this one, and I completely understand why Stamkos chucked up middle fingers at us and stayed on a discount after spending the day here.

With that said, we've seen Leaf gear all over downtown Tampa today, it looks like it's going to be our usual away game with a couple thousand fans showing up regardless of where we play.

Nice. I was there in the "Lose for Matthews" year and still had fun. Great fan experience there for sure.

As do I. Just kidding around.

I haven't been to Tampa in about 25 years. Last time I was there (Naples actually but went up there), there was a letter to the editor in the Tampa Bay Times saying to send the Iraqis "Truman's postcard" (time of the first illegal war against Iraq). Disgusting.

Good lord...

You're missing out. I've been to a bunch of American cities and this is probably the nicest.

Nice. I was there in the "Lose for Matthews" year and still had fun. Great fan experience there for sure.

A ton of leaf fans came down...if we aren't 40% of the barn tonight I'd be surprised. This feels like a game in buffalo, except the city doesn't look like the set of a zombie apocalypse movie and it was 20 degrees today

A ton of leaf fans came down...if we aren't 40% of the barn tonight I'd be surprised. This feels like a game in buffalo, except the city doesn't look like the set of a zombie apocalypse movie and it was 20 degrees today

Yeah, I'm flying down to Ft Lauderdale for a cruse tomorrow. Can't wait to get down there. Tampa fans are pretty loud so you should have a good time.

Good lord...

You're missing out. I've been to a bunch of American cities and this is probably the nicest.

Yep. Stayed in Clearwater for spring training on the same trip. Seattle was pretty nice but obviously the weather can't compare this time of year.

Back