• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Senators 1/18 7:30

Somewhere between dinner and watching Netflix at 11:00 something must’ve happened, but I can’t recall. Kind of a blank. Oh well. I hope everybody had a pleasant evening. Pitchers and catchers report Feb. 12 FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod was right to apologize on behalf of the team for that terrible display last night.

He even said maybe he should have suited up and gone on the ice, considering how bad they were playing. The terrible teasers strike again. Just when you think they have found their stride, they turn in two miserable performances against teams that are worse than they are.

Not the type of game to keep them coming back so to speak...but that seems to be a reoccurring theme every year!

I did like Nino's game. Getting his big self in front of the goalie a lot.

Nino was fine. The fourth line had a few flashes, and Brindy kept sneaking Foegle out for extra shifts because he was playing the right way. The rest of the team ... what a mess. Mrazek was awful too. It happens sometimes when you play garbage opponents and get too confident. They played the first like they thought they could just blow by Ottawa with no resistance. So that period turned into a track meet for no good reason, and when Ottawa got a lucky goal and started to smell blood the Canes were out in left field mentally. Dangle, dangle, dangle, fancy, fancy, fancy ... NO. That is NOT how this team plays, but there they were acting like the Gretzky Oilers or something. Pitiful. It was so bad that a couple of the Canes grunts came out and started to try to throw bodies around in the 2nd, only to get themselves even further out of position which led directly to Wolanin's goal in the 2nd. That rush ended up in a 3 on 1 ... congrats.

I think I'm going to give this lot a pass on the Western Canada trip. Just go get your crap together and wake me when you're ready to do something that doesn't look like the last two games. Because I ain't watching THAT.

When the game was out of reach and everyone playing so badly, why not throw Ned out there and pull Mrazek? I can't help to think that would send a message to the whole team.

Last night was just a hot, flat mess!

Last edited:
Went from having multiple presences in front of the net, back to circling the perimeter with low percentage shots. This is why they streak!

Back