• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The zeke's not home GDT

Our 8 million a year coach apparently has decided after 3 years he might try Matthews and Marner together.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nylander and Tavares together either. like Matthews/Marner you've got a really good playmaker and puck possessor and an elite goalscorer.

Nylander/Marner/Matthews I realize is too much to hope for at this point. There will of course be a realgud player on each line.

#Leafs at practice:
Marleau-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Kapanen
Brown-Kadri-Nylander
Lindholm-Gauthier-Holl

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Marincin-Ozhiganov

Andersen
Sparks

No Gardiner (back spasms), Johnsson (concussion).

I've actually thought Marleau's play has improved a bit over the past few weeks. I mean that's not exactly saying a ton, but he's closer to holding his own now than he was earlier in the year.

I've actually thought Marleau's play has improved a bit over the past few weeks. I mean that's not exactly saying a ton, but he's closer to holding his own now than he was earlier in the year.

This. And with Johnsson out would rather Marleau over Brown or Hyman

Marleau looks done or very very close to it. but yeah, I'd rather him up there than a slug. at least he can shoot the puck.

He gets every opportunity and then 10 more no one else would give to show he still has something. He's been a slug all year outside of a few games lately.

imo that's the drop from 1st line qoc to 3rd line qoc.

As much as I'd love to see the Matthews/Marner combo get an actual shot, I wonder if we might not be better off reuniting the Marleau/Kadri/Marner line.

Considering how much they torched the league last year, it might get Kadri going again while also giving us a good place to "hide" Patrick Marleau.

The only real way out of this mess...ultimate balance

Hyman-matthews-brown
Lindholm-tavares-kapanen
Marleau-kadri-marner
Moore-gauthier-nylander

Checkmate bitches, try to linematch against that. 15 mpg for everyone.

The only real way out of this mess...ultimate balance

Hyman-matthews-brown
Lindholm-tavares-kapanen
Marleau-kadri-marner
Moore-gauthier-nylander

Checkmate bitches, try to linematch against that. 15 mpg for everyone.

you managed to make 4 bad lines. that's actually pretty cool.

Back