• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Carolina @ Oilers 9:30

Tryamw

In case football was not enough sports for the day... We can watch the desperate, reeling Oilers take it to the 'Canes and crush their souls tonight.. Also Ferland is a GT decision apparently not feeling well.

Projected lineup (w/Ferland a game-time decision):

Ferland / Wallmark / Teravainen
Niederreiter / Aho / Williams
Svechnikov / Martinook / Maenalanen
Foegele / McKegg / McGinn

Slavin / Pesce
De Haan / Faulk
Van Riemdsyk / Hamilton

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

Brind'Amour knew where Maurice stashed the bag of bones he threw for forward lines during times like this. :sarcasm

Those lines are um... "interesting..." What's the worst that'll happen? Another day another sorrow and another loss.

This team is schizo. Either they blow chunks or run the goalie. Tonight it’s the latter, 3-0 Canes.

Svech is certainly getting the job done tonight. A goal and two assists so far. 5-1 Canes.

Not crazy about the four goals allowed, but a win is a win... 3 point nights from Svech, Aho, Slavin, and Wallmark.

Last edited:
Oilers are not good, not good at all. Nice win for us, competition level will be a bit higher Tuesday night.

Team WTF continues their ride of terror.

Thoughts ...

Nino ... nice to get his "excited to be in a new place" bounce. I hope it keeps going for awhile, but he's not really all that streaky so I don't expect it to happen. He's always been more of a steady trickle kind of point producer ... like his current bench boss was.

Svech ... not sure he's "burst through the wall" the way some are claiming, but to was nice to see him connect on some passes for a change last night. He had been chucking those into open corners for a couple of weeks. Sooner or later he's got about 3 more gears in the offensive zone. We could stand "sooner", thanks.

Ferland ... the way he was moving (and cutting shifts short) on Friday, I'm pretty sure he's either got a shoulder stinger or a neck issue or a combination thereof. I doubt it's anything long term, but that would make sense given the comments about him waking up not "feeling right."

Edmonton is adrift. Yeah, there's talent there but you can tell they're trying to do things Hitch's way and that they don't really know what that's supposed to feel like quite yet. Hitch will get them there in terms of the style. How long that takes will be the issue.

Back