• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Canucks 1/23, 10:30 Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Shortie GDT just to pin something.

There's press on the trip so we'll get roster updates and stuff later on. I expect Ferland to sit, which would mean 7 D I guess. No clue on the goalie ... Mrazek was good last night and I'm not sure they trust Ned. This is the last game for over a week, so maybe they give Mrazek a chance to go ahead and empty the tank and just swap 'em if the warning alarm starts to drive somebody on the bench crazy. Dunno.

Per Mike Sundheim, the Canes haven’t won in Vancouver since 10/15/99, 5 months before Svechnikov was born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per Mike Sundheim, the Canes haven’t won in Vancouver since 10/15/99, 5 months before Svechnikov was born.

Still not as bad IMO as our futility in MSG. but that's due to playing them more there then Vancouver in Vancouver. Both are UGLY stats.

Wow, that's downright scary to think they have not won in Vancouver since the 90's...that's almost the Harold Snepsts era...LOL.

Probably will sleep watch this one. Half awake, half asleep. Time to pull off a win in Vancouver. Not expecting a win but it would be nice to break the spell in Vancouver.

Players to watch: Maenalanen, Williams.

Pure zen work here. Ohummmmmmmmmmmm

My picks last night, Svechnikov awarded the goal and taken away while opening the goalie up between the legs, and Teravainen with the beautiful feed to AHO, were instrumental in the two goals.

It took years for the Canes to win a game in Denver or Detroit. No losing streak lasts forever.

Clemson may disagree with that when playing at UNC. Talk about anomalies.

No losing streak lasts forever.[/QUOTE]

Ned just might make a start but nothing official so far, so ask the Shadow...He might know...

Michael Smith has confirmed Ned in net, Ferland sitting and Fleury as a 7th defenseman.

Last edited:
Nino's second of the night makes it 3-2.

Turbo passes to Hamilton who makes it 4-2. Apparently that's hockey, baby.

Turbo makes it 5-2 with about three and a half left in the second.

Last edited:
2 goals in 25 seconds. For the Canes, not against. That’s not a typo. Then Turbo makes it 5-2

You will be hard pressed to find a more ridiculous penalty call than that solo embellishment call on Justin Williams. That was A disgusting load of crap.

I love that Ned plays big out there. He looks solid. And the Canes seem like they were energized by that terrible penalty call. Nino looks great out there. Tuevo looks great. Aho looks great. Hamilton looks great. What a 2nd period!

You will be hard pressed to find a more ridiculous penalty call than that solo embellishment call on Justin Williams. That was A disgusting load of crap.

I love that Ned plays big out there. He looks solid. And the Canes seem like they were energized by that terrible penalty call. Nino looks great out there. Tuevo looks great. Aho looks great. Hamilton looks great. What a 2nd period!

Agreed. Canes got pissed after that call. Bailed the Captain out then took their anger out on the Canucks.

Ned’s not the smoothest goalie but he’s a battler. Good lateral movement, quick on his skates.

Back