• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Trade Deadline Thread

One of the first round picks is lottery protected only if it’s in the top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caps acquire dman Nick Jensen from Detroit for Madison Bowey and a 2020 2nd rounder.

Apparently the Caps are gearing up for some "all in" moves as well. Weird considering that neither them nor Columbus have been any good since Christmas. But yeah ... do what you do, right?

Caps signed Nick Jensen to a 4 year/$10 million extension.

Pretty good value for a dependable, un-flashy defender. Wondering why Detroit didn't just do that instead. Bowey is basically the same player a couple of years younger, but the difference in paychecks isn't that significant.

Zuccarello, Hayes and McQuaid are all sitting for the Rangers today.

Hayes would be a solid pickup for any team. I hope you don’t get him.

Hayes would be a major upgrade at center in the short run for Carolina but I don't see that happening. In terms of production he's a virtual clone of Jordan Staal ... who we already pay similar money and have under contract for several more years. He'd purely be a rental and I just don't see the Canes playing that game.

And I have no use for Zuccarello. I dont see any benefit for giving up anything for him. We've got plenty of 15 goal guys.

The trade market for defense is drying up quick with Jensen and Lovejoy being moved and Edler and Boumeester being pulled off the market. Maybe the Canes may still find a trade partner for Faulk after all!

And I have no use for Zuccarello. I dont see any benefit for giving up anything for him. We've got plenty of 15 goal guys.

Zuccarello is a quality 2nd level forward and would be be a big help on the power play ... which sucks, in case you're forgetting. I wouldn't give up much to rent Zooks ... but he's got value.

So, Zucc can set up Faulk with quality one timer passes?

Anything other than one of our multiple mid picks, is an overpayment IMO.

Back