• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Rangers 2/8 8:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes visit their house of horrors.

After a rousing OT win in Buffalo, albeit after blowing a 2 goal lead, the Canes head to the Garden. A place they haven’t won in since Justin Williams was in diapers. Expect Mrazek in goal after Mac played the last 2.

The Rangers are on a bit of a roll, 6-3-1 in their last 10. They’re coming off a 7 round shootout win over the Bruins on Wednesday. Zibanajad leads with 31 assists and 53 points. Kreider has 24 goals. Canes killer Zuccarello has a 9 game point streak. King Henrik is having a down year, 3.04/.906 but his numbers are irrelevant; the Canes turn into a puddle of goo when they see him in goal.

Late start tonight as the Rangers are honoring their 1994 Stanley Cup Champions. Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Just boarded my flight to LGA. Looking forward to being in the building when we break the MSG hex!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Late start tonight as the Rangers are honoring their 1994 Stanley Cup Champions. Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

That's Mark Messier and the 1994 Stanley Cup Champion New York Rangers, as most of the sports media refers to them...

I don't think any of us would refer to the 2006 team with Rod Brind'Amour, Eric Staal, and Cam Ward taking individual precedence.

Last edited:
That's Mark Messier and the 1994 Stanley Cup Champion New York Rangers, as most of the sports media refers to them...

I don't think any of us would refer to the 2006 team with Rod Brind'Amour, Eric Staal, and Cam Ward taking individual precedence.

Heck, a good portion of them just call them "The Mark Messier Rangers." Stef Matteau weeps.

Tonight’s officials:

Referees:
Reid Anderson #49, Brad Meier #34

Linesmen:
Brandon Gawryletz #64, Tony Sericolo #84

Canes are 1-0 with Meier this year. It’s the first time for Anderson, he’s a rookie, working a split NHL/AHL schedule. Tonight is his 26th game. He’s worked a Rangers game before, they’re 0-1 with him. Both refs heavily weight their calls in the 2nd period, 44% for Anderson, 47% for Meier.

ETA: the on site NHL supervisor is Bill McCreary, who worked the 1994 Finals (and 2006 Finals)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tripp's pumped about Maenalanen tonight...

I'm having trouble understanding why the Hurricanes have an easier time scoring shorthanded than they do on the power play. One of those mysteries, I suppose. :nono

Scoreless after the first period.

Last edited:
Slavin has made some pretty nifty saves so far this game.

I'm not a fan of the Canes being outshot by the opposition... seems like a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
I have no idea how the Rangers haven't scored at least 4 goals so far.

Sounds like Slavin has something to do with a couple of those.

Tough to tell via radio, but has Lundqvist been seriously tested yet?

Last edited:

Not really. but the Posts have... So far they are holding. Both Yay and Nay!.

Turbo gets called for hooking. Maybe the Canes will be better on the PK than they are on the PP.

Slavin pulled one off the line and blocked Kreider (I think) at the post. And no, Hank really hasn’t been tested.

Tripp: The Carolina Hurricanes are a four-line team.

Yeah... because they have three fourth lines.

Wow... even Nino is getting in on the saves tonight.

Last edited:
Seriously... stop talking about it, John.

OK, fine... Svech gets an EN and that should do it.

Back