• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dale Weise is back

A few years ago, coming out of NCAA Folin looked like he could be a pretty good dman. Obviously that ain't happening now... but maybe he can be a solid 3rd pairing guy. Not likely mind you.

Weiss said he hasn’t felt like the same player since leaving the Habs. Maybe a little shot in his arm for the last half of he season. Certainly not a long term solution. But I see MB trying to improve the 4th line and lay low in the weeds to see if someone gets desperate to sell a top 6 forward. Like the Vanek deal.

Yup, thst’s how you got to see it. Weisse played his best hockey here and he’s an upgrade on dagostini.

MB will make another depth move to get a 4rth line center for peanuts also and this will imprive what is an AHL fourth line we currently have

I agree.

Habsy you’re getting too emotional about this deal.

I like it because for 250K we give ourselves a chance to stop seeing Chaput and Agositno in the NHL. If Weise can play like he used to. He’s only 30, and the Flyers were a disaster. So if he can do it, and I believe he can, we have improved the club and that’s how I look at this deal.

Keeping Schlemko gives us zero chance of improving the club.

It’s a chance I would take. Now we need another forward like Toffoli to play top 6 so we can move someone else down to the 4th line...

Please raise your hand if you knew anything about Kulak pre-acquisition? Very underrated move by MB - org obviously sees something in Folin. Acquisition cost was nil...so let’s see how this works out.

Solid move, assuming Weise can still skate...upgrade on DLo without compromising size factor (4th line RW). Get a player who’s performed in Mtl playoff environment & hasn’t wilted under its limelight

Last edited:
Emotional? Really?

If you could hear tone of voice you'd rethink that. I don't care about this deal, I just don't get the why behind it.

And you'll still see Chaput and Agostino. Weise assigned to Laval.

Emotional? Really?

If you could hear tone of voice you'd rethink that. I don't care about this deal, I just don't get the why behind it.

Maybe they assigned him for cap reasons. Mark this down. Weise will play on the 4th line and do a great job...and it will be an improvement. Good trade.

Please raise your hand if you knew anything about Kulak pre-acquisition? Very underrated move by MB - org obviously sees something in Folin. Acquisition cost was nil...

Solid move, assuming Weise can still skate...upgrade on DLo without compromising size factor (4th line RW). Get a player who’s performed in Mtl environment & hasn’t wilted under its limelight

Kulak is 25 and MTL is his second team. Folin is the very definition of a throw in. It is what it is. Depth. Schlemko sucked, Folin can't possibly be worse.

Maybe they assigned him for cap reasons. Mark this down. Weise will play on the 4th line and do a great job...and it will be an improvement. Good trade.

No question that he's an upgrade on the sieves playing our 4th line. Providing he still has his speed and jam that is.

No question that he's an upgrade on the sieves playing our 4th line. Providing he still has his speed and jam that is.

Agreed. We need one more clever mid level move to snatch up a player who is underperforming where he is now.
Toffoli comes to mind. Maybe Saad, although I don’t like his cap hit...

I'd only take on Saad's contract if they could flip Shaw back to Chicago.

A big center on the 4th line would be nice too, someone that can really punish the opponents.

Wonder if Folin is Benn’s replacement...

CHRISTIAN FOLIN SCOUTING REPORT

Assets:Owns an ideal frame (6-3, 204 pounds) and plenty of puck-moving acumen. Is sound defensively and can provide a fair amount of offense at lower levels.

Flaws:Needs to prove he can handle National Hockey League power forwards in the big league. Must also prove he can produce more offense in the NHL.

Career Potential:Big, solid defenseman.

fair amount of offense "at lower levels".

He'll be gone or in Laval in no time. The beauty is Schlemko is gone now.

Alzner's turn.

Emotional? Really?

Weise will be brought up eventually.

The fourth line was more of a liability than anything....dagostino and Chaput are AHL players, they both have been the direct cause of goals against the last month.

You cant go into the playoffs if you cant trust the 4rth line.

Weise is at least an NHL player...MB will acquire one more NHL caliber fourth liner and at least you’ll have NHLers on the 4rth line

Folin is yet another former Minny Wild developed Dman, Habs seem to covet.

Benn now will likely be dealt, and more importantly this deal tells me MB is looking to upgrade 4th line pace without compromising size...that’s goodness IMO.

I expect Weise to be up once JoJo gets some 5-10 games to whip him into shape.

Last edited:
I'd only take on Saad's contract if they could flip Shaw back to Chicago.

A big center on the 4th line would be nice too, someone that can really punish the opponents.

Shaw has good value, there are about a half dozen teams that would make offers if he was put on the market. You can definitely get a 2nd rounder for Shaw or maybe even a good roster player.

I wouldn’t flip him back to Chicago to take Saads contract....i would rather flip him for futures like a high draft pick or young roster player.

Last edited:
Weise is done as an NHL player.

Weise is done dreaming that he is more than a 4rth line NHL player

When he got here a few years back he knew that he was a 4rth liner and played like one.

Then he started scoring some goals and it went to his head and he stopped doing what got him to the NHL

With the moves the Habs have made so far this season i am going to trust they know what they are doing. I would rather have DW back in the mix than Stinko.

Back