• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dale Weise is back

The way I see it we traded 18 NHL games and 2 points for 66 NHL games and 13 points. Weise and Folin each have played more NHL games than Schlemko and Froese together.

“Weise gave us Danault and Romanov. And is getting rid of Schlemko. He should have his jersey retired in Montreal.”
#GoHabsGo

Kulak is 25 and MTL is his second team. Folin is the very definition of a throw in. It is what it is. Depth. Schlemko sucked, Folin can't possibly be worse.

It’s a deal of please take my crap for yours . At least Weezer has a shot to improve the fourth line

The way I see it we traded 18 NHL games and 2 points for 66 NHL games and 13 points. Weise and Folin each have played more NHL games than Schlemko and Froese together.

Question is if Weezy has anything left in the tank . Don’t need much to improve on our junk but......

It pisses me off that we can’t develop these depth guys . They should be in farm system ready to take over .

Question is if Weezy has anything left in the tank . Don’t need much to improve on our junk but......

It pisses me off that we can’t develop these depth guys . They should be in farm system ready to take over .

Cannot be worse than the guys we have...for all the speed a guy like Peca has he is just clueless at positioning and anticipitation.

Chaput the game is just a step ahead of him as is the case for dagostino.

DLO can be inserted here and there but a game like last night he wouldn’t be needed, the Leafs have to be the least physical team I have seen this year so it was all about speed and execution.

Like,the trade. Gave nothing and we are getting a player we know and know he performed well in Montreal. Shlemko would not do anything for us while Weise will be an upgrade on the 4th and can fill in some time on the 3rd in case of injuries.

We need a whole new 4th line, not just a Weise. Agostino, Chaput, Peca and Deslauriers all suck. They are really not NHL caliber players. Emergency call-up maybe but definitely not a regular role.

The problem is the lack of depth. The minute the Habs lose 1-2 players the fourth line suffers badly.

We need a whole new 4th line, not just a Weise. Agostino, Chaput, Peca and Deslauriers all suck. They are really not NHL caliber players. Emergency call-up maybe but definitely not a regular role.

One of Byron or Lekhonen will be 4th line LW, that’s an instantaneous upgrade, I expect JoJo will work his usual magic on his reclamation project, which leaves the 4C acquisition as MB’s deadline need.

Jeff Carter would be a mighty nice add IMO in terms of cost of acquisition vs need - not only help solidify 4-lines capable of scoring, but help on faceoffs, the missing sniper shot on the PP & being an excellent on the PK wouldn’t hurt either.

The $5.3M AAV going out another 3-more seasons is an issue but Carter could always shift to RW over time and that’s assuming he’s actually interested in playing out the remaining years since most of his salary has been paid out

Last edited:
Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-XXX-Weise

I think MB's needs are clear for the deadline. A reliable 4th line player and a LHD.

Nyet to Carter.

Rumors they’re looking at Brett Ritchie but he’s RW. We really need a solid 4th line Center. Chaput and Peca aren’t it.

Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-XXX-Weise

I think MB's needs are clear for the deadline. A reliable 4th line player and a LHD.

Starting to look like Brian Boyle might actually have looked good plugged in there.

Also, any injury at all and those lines get far worse. I’d also flip Lehkonen and Byron in your lineup.

Starting to look like Brian Boyle might actually have looked good plugged in there.

Also, any injury at all and those lines get far worse. I’d also flip Lehkonen and Byron in your lineup.

Yes... Byron doesnt deserve to be on the 4th line. Anyway that 4th line will not be static, whoever is not bringing it can be moved there within the game and Lehkonen will be moved up.

Back