• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dale Weise is back

Starting to look like Brian Boyle might actually have looked good plugged in there.

Also, any injury at all and those lines get far worse. I’d also flip Lehkonen and Byron in your lineup.

Boyle would of been fine but not for a second rounder . Those picks are too valuable for a 4th line plug

One of Byron or Lekhonen will be 4th line LW, that’s an instantaneous upgrade, I expect JoJo will work his usual magic on his reclamation project, which leaves the 4C acquisition as MB’s deadline need.

Jeff Carter would be a mighty nice add IMO in terms of cost of acquisition vs need - not only help solidify 4-lines capable of scoring, but help on faceoffs, the missing sniper shot on the PP & being an excellent on the PK wouldn’t hurt either.

The $5.3M AAV going out another 3-more seasons is an issue but Carter could always shift to RW over time and that’s assuming he’s actually interested in playing out the remaining years since most of his salary has been paid out

Isnt Carter clearly in decline right now. I have always liked him but 3 years left is bit too much term for me ....unless Alzner goes the other way

Question is if Weezy has anything left in the tank . Don’t need much to improve on our junk but......

It pisses me off that we can’t develop these depth guys . They should be in farm system ready to take over .
Meh, you can normally get those guys on waivers, ufa at minimum salary or in a trade for a 7th rounder or minor Leaguers, it's not really worth spending draft picks on them.

Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-XXX-Weise

I think MB's needs are clear for the deadline. A reliable 4th line player and a LHD.

XXX should have been Pleks.

I don't think he wanted to go out like that. Pretty sure they asked him and he said peace out.

Yeah. Who wants to be an aging 4th liner on a non playoff team?

The Habs surprising season caught everyone off guard.

Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-XXX-Weise

I think MB's needs are clear for the deadline. A reliable 4th line player and a LHD.

I would flip Lehkonen for Byron...Byron can score amd finish some playsfrom JK

Yeah. Who wants to be an aging 4th liner on a non playoff team?

The Habs surprising season caught everyone off guard.

He could always unretire.

I don't think either side is down with the plan though.

Why are we buyers again?

I appreciate making the playoffs as much as the next guy, but this team still needs to stock up on talent.

They aren't winning the cup, even if they bring in help.

Meh, Pageau is only 26. Not a bad depth move on the cheap. Problem is he wouldn’t be cheap.

Why are we buyers again?

I appreciate making the playoffs as much as the next guy, but this team still needs to stock up on talent.

They aren't winning the cup, even if they bring in help.

Well you need to be a buyer to a certain extent.

Not saying to give up 1sts or 2nds for rentals but gotta help your team who i sheading to the playoffs

What if Anaheim throws in a sweet compensation to take on kessler?

lehkonen Kessler Weise

You’d pay Kessler that kind of money to fill a fourth line position?

Uh, no.

A big fat "whatever" trade. Frolin is a cheap, Drewiskie-esque depth move.

Weise probably can't play in the NHL anymore and his contract isn't that bad in terms of money remaining to be paid. Weise will, in all likelihood, be bought out this off-season. Who knows, maybe playing in Laval/Montréal will get him going and he'll give The Charlatan a reason to keep him.

Back