• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dale Weise is back

I don't get this move. Weise still has a year on his $2.35M deal. What a waste.

I don't get this move. Weise still has a year on his $2.35M deal. What a waste.

Schlemko's deal expires same time. Weise is an extra $250k. Not bad for a guy that is an upgrade on Chaput/Agostino. He has also proven to be able to handle the market and be a good room guy VS Schlemko who is playing in Laval.

If anything was gonna light a fire under Weise, this would be it.

Habsy - I wouldn't be too concerned about the cap hit. The Habs are well under it.

Christian Folin - $800K cap hit but Flyers retained $150K of it.
28 years old

LHD

Habs are his 4th team already.

Why do we need this guy?

I really don't get this move. It doesn't seem to fit the retool.

So Schlemko had another year on his $2.1M (1-way deal) so I'm assuming they would rather spend that cap hit on someone like Weise? Really? It's gotta be that nobody else wanted Schlemko.

So in summary the Habs picked up $3M in cap for Weise/Folin and dumped $2.75M in cap.

I still don't understand the logic here. Weise isn't what he used to be.

If anything was gonna light a fire under Weise, this would be it.

Habsy - I wouldn't be too concerned about the cap hit. The Habs are well under it.

If he's just going to play in Laval I do not get the move.

I suppose this was his only chance to dump Schlemko and MB took it.

My guess is they value Folin more than Schlemko. But I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about Folin.

He's a throw in. 4th team in the past 3 seasons. No offense to speak of.

This had to be a Schlemko dump. It's such a meh whatever move it just doesn't make sense to do it otherwise.

He's a throw in. 4th team in the past 3 seasons. No offense to speak of.

This had to be a Schlemko dump. It's such a meh whatever move it just doesn't make sense to do it otherwise.

Every player in this trade is a “throw in.”

Weise will report to Laval but Folin is staying with the Habs.

Alzner is back on waivers today to make room.

Every player in this trade is a “throw in.”

The trade is so inconsequential that you can't even describe it as a sideways move. It's a move for the sake of it.

Of Course NJ won't be happy to see Weise back.

Weise will report to Laval but Folin is staying with the Habs.

Alzner is back on waivers today to make room.

I know nothing about this guy. He has 2 points this year. He is 6'3" but does he use it? Why 4th team in less than 3 seasons?

Now if only we can make another inconsequential trade to get rid of Alzner. Edmonton should take him.

Slight 4th line upgrade I guess...

Yup, thst’s how you got to see it. Weisse played his best hockey here and he’s an upgrade on dagostini.

MB will make another depth move to get a 4rth line center for peanuts also and this will imprive what is an AHL fourth line we currently have

Back