• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

**** Zeke, GDT: Leafs @ Habs, Saturday HNIC, 7 pm

Against the Bruins?

Heh.

Leafs will continue to get less than deserved respect until they win the cup again so... never.

Ain't nobody here asking for respect. You are the one desperately trying to incur respect for your bubble team.

Ain't nobody here asking for respect. You are the one desperately trying to incur respect for your bubble team.

Hahahaha

Sure buddy. Leafers don't want respect for their team.

I read your threads. Even the ones I don't post in.

You're not shocked that a vastly superior super elite team like the Leafs couldn't put away a shitty Habs team in regulation or even convincingly?

Good on you.

I already addressed this. Nobody is saying the Habs are shitty. Not sure what you are going on about. And again, the Leafs tend to take nights off against lesser teams. This is fact. We were also on the road and in a rivalry game then scores always tend to be close. But a win is a win. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Gonna go to brunch. You guys are setting yourselves up deliciously.

Super elite Leafs.

I mean, I don't really care if Hab fans respect my team.

But if a Hab fan comes on this board and starts spewing factually incorrect garbage like the Leafs not being elite, well, I'm going to correct them.

I already addressed this. Nobody is saying the Habs are shitty. Not sure what you are going on about. And again, the Leafs tend to take nights off against lesser teams. This is fact. We were also on the road and in a rivalry game then scores always tend to be close. But a win is a win. Not a difficult concept to understand.

You're missing my point altogether. Reread my posts with this in mind...

What I'm saying really has nothing to do with the Habs but everything to do with the Leafs. I expected more based on some of the crap I've read on here. I didn't see it.

I mean, I don't really care if Hab fans respect my team.

But if a Hab fan comes on this board and starts spewing factually incorrect garbage like the Leafs not being elite, well, I'm going to correct them.

Firstly, yeah you do.

Secondly, Leafs are elite... compared to the Sens.

Well you fall to third place in the division, granted you have two games in hand.

TSN website headlines with “Leafs and Habs provide playoff atmosphere in potential playoff matchup”

Have you had many games this year garner this kind of headline?

We have to remember that Habs fans have barely been able to contain their giddiness recently. This was a massive game for their fanbase, as they thought they'd be able to "catch" the leafs.

Of course, this is why just looking at the official standings can be so misleading.

The Leafs have the 3rd best record in hockey and the 3rd best goal differential, the habs are 8th best record and 12th best goal differential. The Leafs have 5 more regulation wins than the habs. The only reason why habs fans can squint at the standings and see the two teams as close is because the Habs have 5 extra SO/OTL points.

So habs fans have been getting a wee bit overexcited based on the misleading official standings listings.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of angst about how the Leafs get treated in the media.

It's more the double standard with guys on our team. Rielly would be a Norris favorite if he was on another team. Offer sheets only get discussed with respect to the Leafs' youngsters. The never-ending misconceptions about our defence and how inferior it is to other top clubs.

It's not about respect, it's click bait trolling on behalf of the local media that get people annoyed. I don't care if the media doesn't consider us a legit contender. And I certainly don't care what a Habs fan living in Florida thinks about my team.

Back