• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

**** Zeke, GDT: Leafs @ Habs, Saturday HNIC, 7 pm

It amazes me that people that really haven’t seen how bad the Habs fourth line has been have an opinion on this. Yes, Thompson is 34 and slower than the rest of the Habs. If it doesn’t work out it cost nothing.

People are acting like they traded a young prospect or 20 goal man for this guy. Sheesh.

Its a dumb move. Every year the habs are making the playoffs, Julien tells MB to go grab some no skill slow meathead who can't play hockey.

Last time that happened the habs got beaten by NY. Hopefully history doesnt repeat itself.

If he doesn’t work out he sits.

Thompson is slow and is a 4th loner. Chaput isn’t even NHL caliber.

If he doesn’t work out he sits.

Maybe. But he does play the way that coaches like Julien (and Babcock) likes. So even if he's getting caved, he gets caved the right way. Plays hard, says his prayers and eats his vitamins, missionary position, etc. Even if he's turrible, I don't think Julien benches him.

Thompson is slow and is a 4th loner. Chaput isn’t even NHL caliber.

Yeah, Chaput is brutal. I don't know how much of an upgrade Thompson is, if he's one at all.

Maybe. But he does play the way that coaches like Julien (and Babcock) likes. So even if he's getting caved, he gets caved the right way. Plays hard, says his prayers and eats his vitamins, missionary position, etc. Even if he's turrible, I don't think Julien benches him.

Julien won't sit him, that's a pipe dream.

Back