• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bye bye Randy.

About time.

That said, Anaheim is in cap trouble and has some absolutely BRUTAL contracts on aging forwards.

W7PExBK.gif

It'll be pretty shocking if Randy gets another NHL job at this point.

I still can't believe the Ducks gave him a second chance.

Just stay the **** away from Sheldon.
I think we're safe. This is, after all, an organization that gave Randy a second chance and hired Dallas Eakins to run their farm team.

Eakins is apparently the front-runner for the job too.

Just stay the **** away from Sheldon.

Isn't it a bit surprising that he doesn't get plucked and you never hear any rumours about it? My secret fantasy is that he and Dube have it all figured out that he'll be installed behind the Leafs bench in good time.

I think we're safe. This is, after all, an organization that gave Randy a second chance and hired Dallas Eakins to run their farm team.

Eakins is apparently the front-runner for the job too.

That would be wonderful.

Though Eakins would still look like a ****ing saviour compared to Randy. Literally the worst coach I've seen ever have a stable job in the NHL.

Isn't it a bit surprising that he doesn't get plucked and you never hear any rumours about it? My secret fantasy is that he and Dube have it all figured out that he'll be installed behind the Leafs bench in good time.

I would imagine that just like Dubas was given a legit path to the big job, Dubas has had discussions with Sheldon about what the organizations plans for him are. Given their long term relationship and "only" 4 years left on Babcock's contract after this season, I could see Sheldon gutting it out and being the heir to the job. At the end of the day, Keefe is only 38. That's a puppy in NHL coaching years.

Sounds right, only I have a hard time believing Keefe will wait that long if there's other opportunities. Maybe but it would be, what, 7 or 8 years with the Marlies by that time?

I think it's really unlikely that Babs lasts to the end of his deal. A lot will depend on how he performs in the playoffs. I won't be surprised if we see a repeat of heavy toy usage this year.

I figure Eakins has to have learned alot from his debaucle in Edmonton, and could thrive with not alot of attention in Anaheim

Carlyle can barely fire up a toaster, let alone coach a ragtag group like the Ducks.
Will be interesting to see Murray behind the bench, I'm expecting a lot of kowtowing and a cleanup by the end of the year. Let's grab Fowler and Silfverberg, both are solid depth pieces.

Carlyle can barely fire up a toaster, let alone coach a ragtag group like the Ducks.
Will be interesting to see Murray behind the bench, I'm expecting a lot of kowtowing and a cleanup by the end of the year. Let's grab Fowler and Silfverberg, both are solid depth pieces.

Too expensive bro. We're kind of cap tapped out next year. We can start looking at more depth with term at the deadline next season, but not before.

That would be wonderful.

Though Eakins would still look like a ****ing saviour compared to Randy. Literally the worst coach I've seen ever have a stable job in the NHL.

Willie Desjardins could give him battle for that distinction. Literally had no concept of line matching. Works fine if you have a deep team but not for a one-line team. Just played in the hands of the Flames when you coach like that in the post-season. I have no idea why Benning kept him employed for three seasons. Ticked off a then promising looking D prospect like Trymakin (where he went back to Russia rather than play for Willie).

Back