• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 58 - Montreal Canadiens @ Tampa Bay Lightning - SAT FEB 16TH 7:00 EST

TB seems fine the way they are. I wouldn't change much.

People said that about them last year and they lost to the Caps...no team is perfect but I bet if they don’t win one of the factors will be a defense corp that is aging and getting slow because after Hedman you’re looking at Mcdonagh at 30, Stralman at 32, Coburn 33 and Girardi 34

Wait so just because they lost in 7 games to the Stanley Cup winner who actually didn't do any trade at the deadline, they would lose again this year?

I feel their defense is one of the best we've faced all year. They have depth and a mix of youth and veterans and they have an all class goalie. And I haven't even mentioned their forwards yet.

Wait so just because they lost in 7 games to the Stanley Cup winner who actually didn't do any trade at the deadline, they would lose again this year?

I feel their defense is one of the best we've faced all year. They have depth and a mix of youth and veterans and they have an all class goalie. And I haven't even mentioned their forwards yet.

They are clear favourites to win it all . Need to win now as their cap situation is shot before they pay Point and Vasy .

They will need to do some salary shedding in the offseason .

Never said they would lose again, I was pretty clear and said ethey are the favourites by a wide margin, but if there was one area looking at that team I would say that they have an aging defense in a long playoff run that could be wn issue

Anyway, they got 3 out of 8 points against 4 of the best teams, I see that as a "hold". Need to win today though against the Panthers.

Anyway, they got 3 out of 8 points against 4 of the best teams, I see that as a "hold". Need to win today though against the Panthers.

Even with a win tonight they are 5 points out of 10. While playing ~.500 should let them squeak into the playoffs, ultimately you do not want to finish in 8th spot. Need to stay ahead of the Penguins so that they meet the Lightning, not us.

I didn't expect Carolina to keep winning like this, so making the playoffs looks a lot harder than it did when we beat Winnipeg.

I'm not overly concerned about Carolina. Their numbers aren't as good as the Habs' and their goaltending won't hold up. They'll likely finish 9th.

I didn't expect Carolina to keep winning like this, so making the playoffs looks a lot harder than it did when we beat Winnipeg.

I exected one of those teams to get hot and sneak up, it happens each year, last year Florida went on antear in the 2nd half and almost got in

Never said they would lose again, I was pretty clear and said ethey are the favourites by a wide margin, but if there was one area looking at that team I would say that they have an aging defense in a long playoff run that could be wn issue
Yeah, it's a bit nitpicking though. That have a lot of depth on defense. Any team that can afford to put Sergachev and Cernak on a rotation is pretty well set.

Yeah, it's a bit nitpicking though. That have a lot of depth on defense. Any team that can afford to put Sergachev and Cernak on a rotation is pretty well set.

Problem is Cooper doesnt seem to trust these young guys just yet.

Its not really nitpicking, its a fair assesment that when three of your top 4 dmen (Mcdo, Stralman, Coburn) are aging and not that quick to begin with throw in Girardi as a bottom pairing guy also...hmmm

Tampa Bay most likely has the best goalie in the game right now, that makes up for a defense corps that isn't that fast and skilled liked the one in Nashville.

Tampa Bay most likely has the best goalie in the game right now, that makes up for a defense corps that isn't that fast and skilled liked the one in Nashville.

Its why I get the feeling than no matter what happens this playoff run they will make things work someway so they can go hard after Karlsson this summer.

Problem is Cooper doesnt seem to trust these young guys just yet.

Its not really nitpicking, its a fair assesment that when three of your top 4 dmen (Mcdo, Stralman, Coburn) are aging and not that quick to begin with throw in Girardi as a bottom pairing guy also...hmmm
It kinda is. McDo is 29, Stralman 32, not that old for defensemen, Girardi is used in a support role, and they have young studs that can step in any time those vets might struggle. And they have one of the best goalie in the league.

Its why I get the feeling than no matter what happens this playoff run they will make things work someway so they can go hard after Karlsson this summer.

They will need players to waive the trade clauses to unload salary for any chance of an EK signing

It kinda is. McDo is 29, Stralman 32, not that old for defensemen, Girardi is used in a support role, and they have young studs that can step in any time those vets might struggle. And they have one of the best goalie in the league.

Yep. Coburn, Girardi, Stralman, Sergachev and Cernak have all been healthy scratches at some point this season. Cooper has been rotating his D, especially the vets, to keep their legs fresh for the playoffs. I wouldn't be worried if I was a Bolts fan.

Back