• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 59 - Montreal Canadiens @ Florida Panthers - SUN FEB 17TH 7:00 EST

Shea Weber has been a stiff during our losing streak. Not surprising given his long layoff. The early shot of comeback adrenalin has worn off. Hopefully, he gets his mojo back.

He will, this is the point of his return when one starts feeling the effects of being a year off...plus its not like his minutes are being tapered, he's being asked to do what he always does and to do it with a 20 year old by his side who has his ups and downs.

Despite that Weber has exceeded expectations, his offensive numbers are pretty much what they always are.

It’s bad enough that 92 isn’t putting up points but his turnovers in the neutral zone the last few games have been terrible.

b51e64846e67ebf65e8d43f10fede20f.jpg

FWIW - Drouin is presently 20th in the league in PPG for players earning between $5M - $6M. No one above him is younger than him & only 4-players have lower cap%

And Drouin has ZERO defensive awareness. He’s Chuckie with a french name.

....And if Drouin is better on D or more consistent he makes WAY more.

Fans fall in love with guys like Byron, Lehkonen and Armia because they block a shot or lift a stick now and again even though they only score once every 10 games.

Drouin is 2nd in team scoring the team was awful last year and are in their 1st year of a retool. He is 23. Maybe give it some time?

....And if Drouin is better on D or more consistent he makes WAY more.

Fans fall in love with guys like Byron, Lehkonen and Armia because they block a shot or lift a stick now and again even though they only score once every 10 games.

Drouin is 2nd in team scoring the team was awful last year and are in their 1st year of a retool. He is 23. Maybe give it some time?

24 next month .....time to get your shit together ......probation period is over now

Didnt we say the same thing with Galchenyuk for years .

24 next month .....time to get your shit together ......probation period is over now

Didn't we say the same thing with Galchenyuk for years .

1 1/2 seasons with this team. He has already matched last season point total. He is 10 points from Chuckys 7 season high and on pace for 64 points.

He needs to be better, but he is progressing. He just came off a 6 game stretch where he was unstoppable. Hardly comparable (at this point) to Chuckys up and down 7 year stretch with the team IMO.

1 1/2 seasons with this team. He has already matched last season point total. He is 10 points from Chuckys 7 season high and on pace for 64 points.

He needs to be better, but he is progressing. He just came off a 6 game stretch where he was unstoppable. Hardly comparable (at this point) to Chuckys up and down 7 year stretch with the team IMO.

Chucky was never given free reign on top pp duties . The second he made a defensive blunder he is relegated to bottom 6 duties .

He still popped 30 goals on a worse team than we have right now .

Not defending either player but the rooskie would never get away with shit like JD is right now .

Both players have identical PPG but 27 has a better GPG stat.

His leash is 10 feet longer because he is French .

Last edited:
Chucky was never given free reign on top pp duties . The second he made a defensive blunder he is relegated to bottom 6 duties .

Not defending either player but the rooskie would never get away with shit like JD is right now .

And Therrien is not coaching?

Julien has started to call out JD by name in his post game pressers.

I dont think its a language issue, its simply that Drouin was acquired for an A level blue chip prospect and lets be honest can this lineup afgord to sit skill like that?

I look at at Hudon and to be honest he is sitting more than he deserves and he’s francophone

I dont think its a language issue, its simply that Drouin was acquired for an A level blue chip prospect and lets be honest can this lineup afgord to sit skill like that?

I look at at Hudon and to be honest he is sitting more than he deserves and he’s francophone

This was a trade to appease the French media and ease the sting of the PK trade .

This was never a hockey deal . If his last name was Drewan it never happens

Hudon is a slug and not relevant on this team

Not suggesting to sit him out at all

He simply has a longer leash than most because he is a local kid.

If his last name was Drewan he would of taken way more abuse.

Last edited:
Back