Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Growing Divide between Dubas and Babcock

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Growing Divide between Dubas and Babcock

Keefe is Dubas' guy. Like Dubas, at some point he'll get plucked up by another organization. Shanny fired Lou to prevent that happening with Dubas.

I don't think the organization would stand in the way if thats is the direction Dubas wants to go in.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    It all comes down to Shanahan.... if he thinks Babs should stay, he will convince Dubas of that.

However, I could see Dubas pulling the two assistant coaches and telling Mike to find two others that will make adjustments to the special teams and the defense.

I can see that as a compromise.
    That's less a compromise and more the second-last nail in the coffin...but might be worth a try if he's not getting fired.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leafman101 View Post
    Keefe is Dubas' guy. Like Dubas, at some point he'll get plucked up by another organization. Shanny fired Lou to prevent that happening with Dubas.

I don't think the organization would stand in the way if thats is the direction Dubas wants to go in.
    So much ignorance here! First off, Lou was never fired, his contract expired and he wasn't willing to take an advisory role with MLSE, it had nothing to do with keeping Dubas out of of fear of him being hired on by another team. Secondly, Shanny granted Dubas the chance/choice to interview with other teams, which Dubas did with Colorado 2 years ago, in which he declined. Thirdly, Shanny doesn't stand in anyones way, he has made that clear from the jump, that if a player or managment member wanted out, he would accomodate them, so there goes that theory of yours.

As for Keefe, I agree, Dubas wants him as the coach, and if given the power to do so, Babcock would be on the unemployent line so fast his head would spin, alas, Dubas doesn't have that authority, granted, I would love to see Babcock fired.
    Thank you come again

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678