• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2019

hairnova

News Breaker
Normally start this earlier but I've been busy.

_____

Here's the Top 25 on TSN's Trade Bait board:

tsn.jpg

Pierre LeBrun:
Some teams concerned about how the Mark Stone situation is playing out timing-wise now turning their attention to teams like the Rangers (Hayes, Zuccarello) as well, stepping up with their calls. Don't think the buyers want to wait until Monday and risk getting nothing... but we're hoping for some clarity on Stone either way in the next 24 hours which gives teams a chance if he doesn't re-sign... important day here it would appear.

Duchene is better than any center the Habs have in the organization. I do hope they’re in on him as long as they don’t pay a stupid price for him.

I think a Duchene move is more likely for his rights at the draft where it’s much cheaper.

Last edited:
The Capitals have acquired Carl Hagelin from the Kings for a 2019 third-round pick and a 2020 conditional sixth-round pick.

Duchene is better than any center the Habs have in the organization. I do hope they’re in on him as long as they don’t pay a stupid price for him.

I think a Duchene move is more likely for his rights at the draft where it’s much cheaper.

He might be. Or he might be the 4th best as early as next year.
If he is the 60 point player he seems to be (i will ignore his 40 point year) most of the time. Is he ahead of Domi? No. Is he ahead of Dano? Maybe but Dano has the all around game going for him (plus more ES points). What about KK? If he breaks out....

Pretty risky.

If they take Alzner back in a deal.....maybe.

He might be. Or he might be the 4th best as early as next year.
If he is the 60 point player he seems to be (i will ignore his 40 point year) most of the time. Is he ahead of Domi? No. Is he ahead of Dano? Maybe but Dano has the all around game going for him (plus more ES points). What about KK? If he breaks out....

Pretty risky.

If they take Alzner back in a deal.....maybe.

We are stacked at C and we need a scoring winger or an upgrade on d

Kotkaniemi very well may be better than him as early as next season. I would wager to say that he will be in for sure in 2 or 3 years when Duchene starts to really regress.

We are stacked at C and we need a scoring winger or an upgrade on d

stacked is a bit much
but we are much better now than a year ago

i am really liking dano - 25 (turns 26 in a few days) and really plays a smart game
domi at centre is a shock i never saw coming

and KK looks real good and should have a bright future

stacked is a bit much
but we are much better now than a year ago

i am really liking dano - 25 (turns 26 in a few days) and really plays a smart game
domi at centre is a shock i never saw coming

and KK looks real good and should have a bright future

RP will be joining the mix soon. We need wingers

Pierre LeBrun:
Hearing that Mike Hoffman’s camp has been asked by Florida to submit its 10-team no-trade list which is part of the player’s modified NTC. It is a No list. Doesn’t mean he will be traded but obviously teams are calling so Panthers need to be ready.

Pierre LeBrun:
Hearing that Mike Hoffman’s camp has been asked by Florida to submit its 10-team no-trade list which is part of the player’s modified NTC. It is a No list. Doesn’t mean he will be traded but obviously teams are calling so Panthers need to be ready.

*crosses fingers*

trade to the sharks

Bob McKenzie:
If OTT doesn’t have an agreement of some description with Mark Stone and/or Ryan Dzingel before tonight’s game in NJ, I’d be shocked if they’re in the lineup. We already expect Matt Duchene to be held out of the lineup until he’s traded. All we’ve heard on Stone/Dzingel and OTT is that dialogue has continued over the course of the day.

Pierre LeBrun:

Someone has some ‘splainin to do.

Back