• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #60: Feels Big

zeke

I dunno, feels big, even though it's not really.

Maybe it's because Boston can't stop sneaking out free points every game.

Caps have been very beatable all year, but we need to avoid any post-roadie letdown.

6-3-1 in their last 10 but they have still been struggling maintaining possession

10gm rolling avg

45.9CF 45.3FF 43.3SCF 39.2HDCF

Leafs come out flying ...... score a few, then Tom wilson takes out zaitsev and marleau with one hit.
A glorious night as a fan.

6-3-1 in their last 10 but they have still been struggling maintaining possession

10gm rolling avg

45.9CF 45.3FF 43.3SCF 39.2HDCF

After Muzzin Trade:

1st 6gms: 53.7cf% (#5), 55.9scf% (#3)
Last 4gms: 50.5cf% (#13), 50.8scf% (#16)

Can Marleau just fake an injury or something? Kappy did everything but put that one in the net for him.

I would also like to remind people before the narrative shifts. Yes, William Nylander has always been this good at centre. His skill set is made for the middle of the ice. He's partially wasted on the wing.

I would also like to remind people before the narrative shifts. Yes, William Nylander has always been this good at centre. His skill set is made for the middle of the ice. He's partially wasted on the wing.

Main reason I was not wild about signing Tavares. My next thought was that it kinda made Kadri expendable. But why not shift him to the wing? Not enough speed?

I dunno, feels big, even though it's not really.

il_570xN.1480859773_cfnc.jpg

Main reason I was not wild about signing Tavares. My next thought was that it kinda made Kadri expendable. But why not shift him to the wing? Not enough speed?

Yeah, it was one of my two core points against signing Tavares. Risk inherent in the back half of the contract (and it's cap implications now), and that Nylander was in fact a centre and that we didn't need another centre with Matthews-Nylander-Kadri being an extremely good group (while we needed help elsewhere, specifically RHD)

Best they've started in a while. Playing well despite the ongoing handicaps.

I guess the Leafs hit their poweplay quota for the month in Arizona.

Johnsson back on the Matthews line and creates a chance immediately.

Which if history is any guide, just means that Babcock doesn't trust Nylander at centre and wants Marleau on that line to keep an eye on him.

Back