• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018-2019

leaffan2005

Figure we can put everything both domestic and abroad in one thread.

Wants:
- Top 4 RH D
- LW with some speed/jam
- 4th line C

Make it happens Dubs.

the team needs to get Zaitsev out of the top 4, either by trade or demotion.

as for wants...I'd like to see us get Panarin and create an Ultimate Pignose Power line with Kapanen and Matthews.

There will likely be some surprise names moved today. Dubas has been active, interested to see if something gets done

Maclean claiming the Leafs are shopping a pretty decent forward trying to get something done

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Leafs are going to have a hell of a time trying to sign Johnson, kapanan and gardiner next season.
If they can use gardiner and brown for another top 4 dman with some term, then I would jump at it.
Then decide which of johnsson or kapanan you feel more comfortable with and use the other for say a dman from someone else the only thing is including zaitsev in the package.
And if they were able to do that, they could even try resigning gardiner in the off season.
Marleau ain't going anywhere, and odds are he is here for next season too .... full NCM makes sure of that.
I would keep kadri and use him as the hard minute center of a line like last season. Maybe get him out of his funk.
But that would be alot of moves for a team that is in the top 10 in the league.

Oh and by the way, I would like a mcquaid on the leafs. Good pker, and a decent enough 3 pairing dman and tough as hell who will make anyone who crashes anderson pay dearly.

I am only concerned with what toronto, tampa, Columbus, washington and boston do. The rest of the east is just window dressing.

In the west, I think it will be interesting what Nashville and Winnipeg do too.

I think columbus has improved alot. It would be funny if tampa met them in the first round and got knocked out.
Columbus is my darkhorse for the Stanley cup.
Tampa, Nashville and leafs are my 3 favorites with columbus next.

These stats?

This season, his 43.67 Corsi for percentage (CF%) is the eighth-worst among NHL defencemen that have played at least 500 minutes. It’s likely those poor numbers have to do with him playing for the struggling Rangers, a rebuilding team that has the second-worst CF% in the NHL. But he has a minus-4.32 relative CF%, 163rd out of 183 defencemen.

From 2016-18 — his two most recent seasons with the Bruins — McQuaid’s shot suppression numbers weren’t good. With him on the ice, the Bruins allowed 52.1 shot attempts per-60 minutes, the third-most of eight blueliners on the team who played at least 500 minutes. The Bruins also scored just 46.2 per cent of the goals at five-on-five in those two seasons. That was with an offensive zone start percentage of 57.87 (nearly as high as Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand) because he played over 1,000 minutes alongside Torey Krug (also one of the better possession players in the NHL).

Because I am statistical abortion, how does that compare to hainsey, zaitsev or even gardiner.
I know that gardiner gives up the puck more than most dman in the league.
I really think the leafs need someone to stop the crap that the opposition keeps pulling on the leafs. Crashing anderson, cheap shot on the players, and something to neglegate the Wilson's of the league. Wilson going after gardiner and no call, screw that. These guys just arent that type of player and if we think the leafs put up with crap now, wait till the playoffs.

Just do a quick search of give away leaders and see what the common theme is

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back