• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Jordan Weal

This trade is exactly what I suspected would happen. The epitome of a “whatever “ trade.

I’m actually good with just this. The Habs aren’t a player away yet. Stand pat and see what happens. Tweak more in the summer.

I’m actually good with just this. The Habs aren’t a player away yet. Stand pat and see what happens. Tweak more in the summer.

MB has actually been a good GM when he is not going for huuum derrrrr grit / size.

Could you imagine giving up picks / prospects and still missing the playoffs?

With our cap space I’m looking for more than just a “tweak” this summer.

I think you’ll see more prospects get a shot. Unless there’s a UFA 26 or under they should stay away unless it’s a serious offensive player like Panarin.

If Panarin wants to win neither team is going nowhere

Rags are retooling properly but will take a few more years for their youth to develop

Panthers have some talent but stink as a unit .

Panarin and Bobo probably will just vault them to bubble status .

MB made his mark on the trade front last summer.

I suspect he'll be active in that area again and tweak via the UFa market.

I just really really hope he stays away from jake gardiner...he is really not that good

Man, imagine if we could get Panarin.

Panarin - Kotkaniemi - xxxxx
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Poehling - Lehkonen/Armia

MB made his mark on the trade front last summer.

I suspect he'll be active in that area again and tweak via the UFa market.

I just really really hope he stays away from jake gardiner...he is really not that good

I get that you're a big supporter of narratives over facts, but the claim that Jake isn't good just doesn't jive. In fact he's been awesome lately (yes, I stole this).

Jake Gardiner missed two games with back spasms last month. His numbers in 13 games since:

-55% possession (tops among Leaf D)
-58% scoring chance percentage (tops among Leaf D)
-3 points 5-on-5
-5 points overall
-19:30/game

Him getting hurt is a big loss for the Leafs.

Last edited:
I get that you're a big supporter of narratives over facts, but the claim that Jake isn't good just doesn't jive. In fact he's been awesome lately (yes, I stole this).

Jake Gardiner missed two games with back spasms last month. His numbers in 13 games since:

-55% possession (tops among Leaf D)
-58% scoring chance percentage (tops among Leaf D)
-3 points 5-on-5
-5 points overall
-19:30/game

Him getting hurt is a big loss for the Leafs.

Wow! give him the Norris trophy.

I guess you didn't watch the playoffs last year.

He has tremendous talent but is just not a bright player.

Leaf fans are having a party in his absence , many hate him

It's obvious he has a skill set that is really attractive, his skating is fantastic but the mistakes he makes for a guy that has been in the league for 7 years is just mind boggling.

I can't fathom paying a guy like that 7 mil/season for 35 points a year and costly mistakes.

Man, imagine if we could get Panarin.

Panarin - Kotkaniemi - xxxxx
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Poehling - Lehkonen/Armia

Add Gallagher to the top line. And Suzuki to the third.

I would have domi, Poehling and KK all in Faceoff school this summer. Every day. Hire some old master to teach these guys.

Back