• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 68 - Montreal Canadiens @ San Jose Sharks - THU MAR 7TH 10:30 EST

The sad part is that this was a very winnable game. With Price in they likely pull out at least a point. Niemi is done as an NHL goalie, sure he’ll have the odd good game but the bulk of his work is not NHL caliber.

So he looks like Price last year and early this year :couch

Ironically such a winnable game. Niemi really blew that one. And does Drouin still play for us? Invisible again.

Last edited:
We really gotta get out of the last WC spot....so pointless to play Tampa. Might as well give Price/Weber the early summer break, and play Niemi against Tampa.

Ironically such a winnable game. Niemi really blew that one. And does Drouin still play for us? Invisible again.

I don't know what to think with Drouin anymore.

I look at the talent and it would scare me to trade a player with his skill and abilities being as he's only 23.

But he is very frustrating because he's pretty much a perimeter player who makes a lot of mental errors.

We really gotta get out of the last WC spot....so pointless to play Tampa. Might as well give Price/Weber the early summer break, and play Niemi against Tampa.

I think it would be fun to watch, we would be so sever underdogs that you can pretty much enjoy the series with zero expectations of being disappointed.

And how fun would it be if we actually made a bit of noise in that series and won a couple of the games

I don't know what to think with Drouin anymore.

I look at the talent and it would scare me to trade a player with his skill and abilities being as he's only 23.

But he is very frustrating because he's pretty much a perimeter player who makes a lot of mental errors.

24 in a few weeks , ask Yzerman why he moved him .

Pointless in 11 of his last 12. For a guy of his talent it's unacceptable. I think Julien should bench him to be honest. Someone needs to lit a fire in that guy.

Pointless in 11 of his last 12. For a guy of his talent it's unacceptable. I think Julien should bench him to be honest. Someone needs to lit a fire in that guy.

You see, I don't think benching him does much. If you make all this money, have all this talent, but cannot show up and perform, then how would benching him make him a better performing player ? Benching only has a 4-5 game effect....he'll be back to his old self soon after that. At 24, he is what he is...let's accept it, because obviously management has....

You see, I don't think benching him does much. If you make all this money, have all this talent, but cannot show up and perform, then how would benching him make him a better performing player ? Benching only has a 4-5 game effect....he'll be back to his old self soon after that. At 24, he is what he is...let's accept it, because obviously management has....

There is no way this regime expected this out of JD , deep down they have to be pissed royally.

I truly believe this was kinda like the Louis Leblanc situation......you know there's better players out there, but the french factor was too big to pass on

I truly believe this was kinda like the Louis Leblanc situation......you know there's better players out there, but the french factor was too big to pass on

Exactly Rolex , only reason why this deal was made .

JD was done in TB ...Nero would of been crucified if we didn't get him .

Last edited:

Well bench him every 5-10 games then. I'm expecting him to float here and there, but not to go 11 out of 12 games without points.

I don't mind taking a flyer on a high end French player, but you have to try to maximize your investment.

Despite all this, he's still having his best season.

He is ok but you can get that in free agency without giving up a top asset .

You can acquire that player in a salary dump like Riley Smith from Florida who had some term .

Back