• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Predators, 3/9 8:00 Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Celebrate the daylight savings time shift with the Canes as they visit Smashville to try and erase the memory of last night's whatever that was. Should be fun, right?

Nashville of course, is legitimately good, but they've been a bit on the shabby side of late. They've won two of their last 6 and given up an uncharacteristic number of goals in the process. Still, not a great matchup for Carolina ... size, grit, speed, and enough scoring to make you pay for mistakes. Here's hoping for the best.

What happened last night? (Very convenient set of amnesia...)

Go win this game in the heart of Tennessee.

What happened last night? (Very convenient set of amnesia...)

Go win this game in the heart of Tennessee.

I had a nice meal and an Irish Stout with neighbors at Lynwood Grill & Brewing Concern last night. I woke up this morning with no memory of anything after 7:00 pm.

Are the Canes ready to bounce back after an atrocious performance against the Jets? Is Ferland out for tonight's game? Should I stop asking questions?

I had a nice meal and an Irish Stout with neighbors at Lynwood Grill & Brewing Concern last night. I woke up this morning with no memory of anything after 7:00 pm.

Must have been one hell of a stout! Or laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge.

The power play started like ass and thankfully got better as the game went on. Get Faulk off the power play, especially 5 on 3.

Last edited:
Was starting to wonder if we would get any puck possession time there in the 2nd period

Williams gets a tip on the PP, his 20th of the season. Boyle answers for the Preds, Martinook restores the 2 goal lead. 2 PP goals tonight.

That was some bizarre reffin' and compounded by Toronto not making up it's collective feeble minds. It seems to have been called a goal and on review warroom calls GT interference and no goal then allowing Lavi to challenge the GT-I and overturning the first review. WTF???

CORRECTION: Official NHL word says refs called no goal per interference then how in hell was Lavi allowed to challenge???

Last edited:
The Pred's last goal was incomprehensible to me. At least we came away with a win. I was really worried about this game and am delighted that we responded with a solid effort against a good team. The boys did a great job of putting Friday's game out of their mind.

Back