• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Where’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI | 7:00p

Re: The Where’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI| 7:00p

I'm curious as to what they will end up doing with Drouin this off season.

He really doesn't seem like a player Julien would rely on too much going forward even though he is our most talented forward.

On top of that does he fit into the culture MB is trying to instill with "character" when Drouin is inconsistent and doesn't match the intensity of Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Byron etc...

The floater is back 100%

Nero will still be waiting for that front liner to emerge next year .....wash rinse and repeat in 2021

I agree.

But hope is not a plan, I just don’t see how that happens. I suppose it should have been through the Subban trade... and now what, trade Price? I just don’t see it.

They just need to get lucky with drafting/development, I guess.

If “hope” isn’t a plan, neither is “get lucky.” Just saying.

The Canadiens need a star up front, not just scoring by committee.

Exactly , that's been our problem for decades

Your going nowhere with support pieces , you can compete and make a playoff push but you aren't going far

We need stars and maybe KK will be one of them .

I agree.

But hope is not a plan, I just don’t see how that happens. I suppose it should have been through the Subban trade... and now what, trade Price? I just don’t see it.

Nero never had a plan . PK should been traded similar to a Pacioretty deal where maybe a star is found in an A level prospect .

Our drafting record is pathetic but that will take another 2-3 years even if we nail our picks or wait for any of our players to emerge.

Need to nail a Kucherov or Point in 2nd and 3rd rounds .

Problem is by that time Price , Weber , Petry are done .

Nero never had a plan . PK should been traded similar to a Pacioretty deal where maybe a star is found in an A level prospect .

Our drafting record is pathetic but that will take another 2-3 years even if we nail our picks or wait for any of our players to emerge.

Cayden Primeau looks like he will be the real deal so that's not a huge concern.

Yup, trading PK never bothered me as much as it did for most fans.

We would be better off today had we made more of a futures trade.

What was the potential deal with EDM had Columbus not selected P-L Dubois #3 overall?

I agree.

KK

Re: The WhereÂ’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI| 7:00p

I can still hear Bergevin at the start of his tenure as GM :

« My philosophy is to to build from the net out. »

Strong goaltender, followed by strong defense, and then forwards.

After back to back championships by Pittburgh, the NHL seamed to be be moving more to an offensive mindset and Bergevin seemed to try to follow forgetting his building from the net out philosophy.

After losing Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu in one offseason, he traded his blue chip defenseman prospect, the only player in the org that had the potentioal to stabilise the blue line in a period of transition.
Sergachev would also have been a strong PP asset and a natural fit to play with Shea Weber.

Having sacrificed a mobile offensive defenseman for a forward might have cost the Habs offensively in the end.

That Drouin trade also went against Bergevin’s other philosophy, to focus on CHARACTER.
Floater who’s been known for attitude problems.

Moves have not been consequent with words.

He’s either full of it or has no plan.

Or if he had a plan, he panicked and threw it out the window.

Last edited:
has domi always done this stupid one hand on the stick stuff?

Alot of guys of late are making soft plays...even Gallagher I noticed is just poking at pucks in traffic rather than going in the traffic, JK is also a bit more timid when he has the puck seemingly worried about absorbing hits, Danault is also trying to duck away from hits when he sees them coming and is losing pucks,

I think alot of these guys are just tired of getting pounded as much as they are. It's obvious most of these guys are bruised and battered.

Even Weber is just worn out at the moment

Alot of guys of late are making soft plays...even Gallagher I noticed is just poking at pucks in traffic rather than going in the traffic, JK is also a bit more timid when he has the puck seemingly worried about absorbing hits, Danault is also trying to duck away from hits when he sees them coming and is losing pucks,

I think alot of these guys are just tired of getting pounded as much as they are. It's obvious most of these guys are bruised and battered.

Even Weber is just worn out at the moment

this is when domi has the puck

he is trying to deke players with one hand
it is weird

The Canadiens need a star up front, not just scoring by committee.

Call it organizational philosophy...goaltending and defensive-minded system is more important than finding scoring up front.

We all agree, contenders have superstar forwards....especially in today's NHL. But pretty much all contenders have drafted their superstars (Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh to name a few).

You gotta suck and hope your draft year is generational (unless you're the Oilers)

Yup, trading PK never bothered me as much as it did for most fans.

We would be better off today had we made more of a futures trade.

What was the potential deal with EDM had Columbus not selected P-L Dubois #3 overall?

Agreed , PK was a distraction and had to go but we made the wrong deal

I don`t think we had a deal with Edmonton at any point , they wanted no part of PK`s cap hit

Rumour was with VCR from what I was reading

Re: The WhereÂ’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI| 7:00p

I can still hear Bergevin at the start of his tenure as GM :

« My philosophy is to to build from the net out. »

Strong goaltender, followed by strong defense, and then forwards.

After back to back championships by Pittburgh, the NHL seamed to be be moving more to an offensive mindset and Bergevin seemed to try to follow forgetting his building from the net out philosophy.

After losing Markov, Emelin and Beaulieu in one offseason, he traded his blue chip defenseman prospect, the only player in the org that had the potentioal to stabilise the blue line in a period of transition.
Sergachev would also have been a strong PP asset and a natural fit to play with Shea Weber.

Having sacrificed a mobile offensive defenseman for a forward might have cost the Habs offensively in the end.

That Drouin trade also went against Bergevin’s other philosophy, to focus on CHARACTER.
Floater who’s been known for attitude problems.

Moves have not been consequent with words.

He’s either full of it or has no plan.

Or if he had a plan, he panicked and threw it out the window.

Great post , I am still pissed over the Chevy trade

I can`t believe we moved a major trade bargaining chip for JD .... incredible :eek:ut:

These are gold assets you dont move for ok players that aren't difference makers

Call it organizational philosophy...goaltending and defensive-minded system is more important than finding scoring up front.

We all agree, contenders have superstar forwards....especially in today's NHL. But pretty much all contenders have drafted their superstars (Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh to name a few).

You gotta suck and hope your draft year is generational (unless you're the Oilers)

We sucked last year ...this year would of been ideal

We are fighting for that dreaded middle

We sucked last year ...this year would of been ideal

We are fighting for that dreaded middle

Not much you can do.

Petry played well making up for the injured Weber.
Domi, Tatar, Dano, etc have all been much better than expected.

Not much you can do.

Petry played well making up for the injured Weber.
Domi, Tatar, Dano, etc have all been much better than expected.

Yup many career years this season . Plus Carey has been solid for most of the year , total write off last year .

Back