• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Where’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI | 7:00p

Re: The Where’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI| 7:00p

bottom line, the team needed help at the trade deadline, its OK MB didnt make a move, but this is the consequence.

On the plus side, 1 percent chance at grabbing hughes

Price deserved better. The team let him down.

To get to this point we needed Domi, Gallagher, Danault, Shaw, Tatar, etc to have career years. Price has been doing his part, but goals are hard to come by.

Our 5 on 5 play took the league by surprise earlier this season. Opponents have adjusted, and we don't have the next gear.

To get to this point we needed Domi, Gallagher, Danault, Shaw, Tatar, etc to have career years. Price has been doing his part, but goals are hard to come by.

Our 5 on 5 play took the league by surprise earlier this season. Opponents have adjusted, and we don't have the next gear.

Pretty sure we all knew that no power play meant no playoffs, but to date, no real adjustments on the power play so it isn't a surprise that they fade down the stretch.

Or Habs only needed to improve their PP by 5%...

I think the defense corp is what is killing us more.

We havent beat any teams above us in the standings in the last month and it starts with having trouble keeping pucks out of the net.

We have to win games like tonight 2-1 or 3-2.

Pretty sure we all knew that no power play meant no playoffs, but to date, no real adjustments on the power play so it isn't a surprise that they fade down the stretch.

That’s not true, some of the worse PP teams in the league are playoff bound incuding the team we faced tonight.

I think the defense corp is what is killing us more.

We havent beat any teams above us in the standings in the last month and it starts with having trouble keeping pucks out of the net.

We have to win games like tonight 2-1 or 3-2.

Our defense is ugly. But our best defense earlier in the season was our offense.

The Where’s the GDT Thread - Montreal @ NYI| 7:00p

The Danault line had alot of trouble generating any kind of offense all night
15 games since Danault’s last goal. 6 assists in that time frame, KKs invisible for all but maybe 1-shift per game

15 games since Danault’s last goal. 6 assists in that time frame, KKs invisible for all but maybe 1-shift per game

Kk was better than Danault tonight.

Danault is not only generating offense but he’s making mistakes that are costing goals.

To get to this point we needed Domi, Gallagher, Danault, Shaw, Tatar, etc to have career years.

This is true, but it doesn’t feel like it’s wildly unsustainable. It feels more like growth and maturity, rather than a fluke sugar high. Point being, if Copernicus makes some moves, it has to be to strengthen the D, get a proper backup for Price and hire someone to fix the PP.

This is true, but it doesn’t feel like it’s wildly unsustainable. It feels more like growth and maturity, rather than a fluke sugar high. Point being, if Copernicus makes some moves, it has to be to strengthen the D, get a proper backup for Price and hire someone to fix the PP.

The Canadiens need a star up front, not just scoring by committee.

The Canadiens need a star up front, not just scoring by committee.

I agree.

But hope is not a plan, I just don’t see how that happens. I suppose it should have been through the Subban trade... and now what, trade Price? I just don’t see it.

They just need to get lucky with drafting/development, I guess.

I was at the game last night, sitting 3 rows up. It was a lot of fun, great atmosphere etc. Price seemed to be the only Hab that showed up. KK, Mete had some flashes but Drouin seemed like he had nothing going. Fun game, but disappointing ending

I'm curious as to what they will end up doing with Drouin this off season.

He really doesn't seem like a player Julien would rely on too much going forward even though he is our most talented forward.

On top of that does he fit into the culture MB is trying to instill with "character" when Drouin is inconsistent and doesn't match the intensity of Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Byron etc...

Back