• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT - 2019 NCAA Tourney

cmaleski2

I wrapped up creating 25 brackets online for the tourney this year in the always useless attempt to actually win a prize. As the resident UCONN alum and ACC 'hater' (especially Duke) on this board, all I can say is that the exercise of making brackets this year made me feel dirty....really really dirty.

I tried, really tried, over and over and over again to not end up with Duke/UNC in the finals, I failed the majority of the time. I know the ACC has had some epic fails in some past tournaments, but boy they are tough to deny in terms of greatness this season. I had a hard time seeing how the ACC doesn't get 2 or 3 teams in the Final 4 this time around. Did I jinx Duke and UNC? I can only hope! :explode :rolleyes(2): :behead: :puke:

CM ... I think you might have jinxed Virginia simply by failing to mention a team that was in the top 5 basically all season.

Virginia doesn't need jinx help from me, their #1 seed is enough to guarantee their failure. It won't be in first round this year, but Virginia as a #1 seed has been bad news for them over the years.

I have to admit I got a kick out of Va Tech fans showing up for UVa's games in the ACC tournament wearing UMBC Retrievers uniforms. Salty.

UVa's biggest problem is that they didn't run a 30 year eligibility scam.

UVa's biggest problem is that they didn't run a 30 year eligibility scam.

That is NOT their only problem.

Sad to see Levelle Moton and NCCU out in the prelims again. He's quite simply one of the best humans I've ever met.

Sad to see Levelle Moton and NCCU out in the prelims again. He's quite simply one of the best humans I've ever met.

Seems to be a fairly universal sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know him from Adam, but he was pretty emotional on the news last night. Enloe guy, right?

And go Iona. Will hope to hear good news, as I'm not watching one damned second of the NCAA this year.

I don't know him from Adam, but he was pretty emotional on the news last night. Enloe guy, right?

Yeah, Enloe alum and a man with a big heart for kids who need some care after rough starts in life. Just a real genuine guy, and a darned good basketball coach to boot.

The ACC loses 2 of its 7 teams on the first day.

The Big East lost 3 of its 4. Villanova is the last team standing and only beat St. Mary’s (conquerors of Gonzaga) by 4. It was a down year for the league, Marquette lost 5 of 6 down the stretch to choke away the regular season and were over seeded as a 5 . St. John’s continued its climb back to relevance but lost a play in game. Seton Hall was the only 10 seed to lose yesterday losing to Wofford by 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what? I sort of missed all of the games yesterday due to circumstances beyond my control but I think I'm going to roll with it and give the tourney a complete pass this year. The NCAA can go pack sand anyway, and I honestly don't give a crap who wins ... although there's a few I'd rather see go down in the flames, of course.

Its not possible for Virginia to lose in the first round as a #1 seed 2 years in a row...right? I expect to see a huge Virginia surge in the 2nd half, but I applaud them for adding 1st round intrigue again after getting blown out by UMD Baltimore County last year.

Its not possible for Virginia to lose in the first round as a #1 seed 2 years in a row...right? I expect to see a huge Virginia surge in the 2nd half, but I applaud them for adding 1st round intrigue again after getting blown out by UMD Baltimore County last year.

Hey, if we can take them to OT, certainly some powerful NET team can lay them low.

And Go Iona.

May the ghost of V help you to victory over the cheating blue rams.

Couple more upsets tonight. Ohio St. over Iowa St. and a couple of 12s over 5s; Oregon crushes Wisconsin by 18 and Liberty takes out Mississippi St.

Back