Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 263

Thread: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

  1. #21
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Not in anyone's control.

    I am more pissed at the coaching staffs inability to adjust accordingly and fix the damn PP! If it is even close to the middle of the pack this team moonwalks into the playoffs.
    They finally after 70 games tried to do something different and use a different setup. Maybe there is still hope.

  2. #22
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Im curious as to how Julien is gonna use the JK line.

    Drouin is obviously still making dumb mistakes despite playing 10 minutes a game
    I think Drouin has been better overall, and Julien praised him more than criticized him after last nights presser. But there is too much on the line here, so I doubt his minutes increase from here until they make it or are eliminated.

  3. #23
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    The one with armia was a fluke, but they should try to get domi open to snipe from the right side more often.
    I don't care about flukes. I'll take all the flukey goals we can get, they happen in hockey.

    Another flukey PP goal tonight would be nice. These guys have to gain confidence in their PP.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  4. #24
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Our zone entrance is horrible on the PP and puck possession is almost bad. I am sure we lead the league in lowest puck possession time on the PP. I think this is mostly a confidence thing.

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,515
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    I think Drouin has been better overall, and Julien praised him more than criticized him after last nights presser. But there is too much on the line here, so I doubt his minutes increase from here until they make it or are eliminated.
    I think Drouin has been a total bust as a Hab.

  6. #26
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I don't care about flukes. I'll take all the flukey goals we can get, they happen in hockey.

    Another flukey PP goal tonight would be nice. These guys have to gain confidence in their PP.
    Good teams don't rely on flukes.

    Good teams find a system that works.

    Armia scoring on a PP might never happen again. But if Domi can get open to snipe from the right circle, that can go a long way to fixing the PP which will definitely help the team make the postseason and maybe even win one game out of the 7

  7. #27
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Our zone entrance is horrible on the PP and puck possession is almost bad. I am sure we lead the league in lowest puck possession time on the PP. I think this is mostly a confidence thing.
    Its a systems thing. The setup is bad, leads to too many zone clearances, which only compounds our poor zone entry.

  8. #28
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    I think Drouin has been better overall, and Julien praised him more than criticized him after last nights presser. But there is too much on the line here, so I doubt his minutes increase from here until they make it or are eliminated.
    Eventually they will have to increase his minutes, they need his skill
    Go Habs Go!

  9. #29
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    I think Drouin has been a total bust as a Hab.
    If he's only playing 10 minutes a game he's a bust. But he's on pace for about a 60 point season, so that's not really a total bust.

  10. #30
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Eventually they will have to increase his minutes, they need his skill
    Not when he's good for a goal against with his stupid lazy play

  11. #31
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    33,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Eventually they will have to increase his minutes, they need his skill
    They will beginning next season. its a long season and he will get his 15-20 minutes. Then its up to Drouin to maintain this level in important games. But if our prospects pan out, he's in trouble to stay here long term.

  12. #32
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    They will beginning next season. its a long season and he will get his 15-20 minutes. Then its up to Drouin to maintain this level in important games. But if our prospects pan out, he's in trouble to stay here long term.
    He gets moved in the off season.

    MB is probably already on the lookout for a busy worker bee type player who can pot 20 and not take a shift off.

  13. #33
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Good teams don't rely on flukes.

    Good teams find a system that works.

    Armia scoring on a PP might never happen again. But if Domi can get open to snipe from the right circle, that can go a long way to fixing the PP which will definitely help the team make the postseason and maybe even win one game out of the 7
    Good teams.

    LOL.

    Talk about the Habs in the present sometimes would ya?

    Oh and even good teams get flimsy goals. Lots of them.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  14. #34
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    He gets moved in the off season.

    MB is probably already on the lookout for a busy worker bee type player who can pot 20 and not take a shift off.
    Yeah, the problem is MB would likely replace him with Duchene.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  15. #35
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    56,403
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Habs haven’t won in Carolina in 3-years.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  16. #36
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    123,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Time to break that streak.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  17. #37
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Not when he's good for a goal against with his stupid lazy play
    Reminds me of the same predicament Julien was in with Galchenyuk, only difference is that we’re in a playoff hunt now
    Go Habs Go!

  18. #38
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    54,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Yeah, the problem is MB would likely replace him with Duchene.

    Yup, if MB can make a big signing like Duchene Drouin will be a gonner
    Go Habs Go!

  19. #39
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Good teams.

    LOL.

    Talk about the Habs in the present sometimes would ya?

    Oh and even good teams get flimsy goals. Lots of them.
    The habs are a bubble team.

    We are likely to go down to the final games to find out if they even make the playoffs. That's not a good team.

    And yes, every team gets flimsy goals. But do you want your entire PP success reliant on getting fluke goals? Much better to find a system that works better than 1- 10 times.

  20. #40
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Reminds me of the same predicament Julien was in with Galchenyuk, only difference is that we’re in a playoff hunt now
    French Galchenyuk. Maybe the yotes take him. The seem to be our preferred trade partner as of late.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •