Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Not in anyone's control.

I am more pissed at the coaching staffs inability to adjust accordingly and fix the damn PP! If it is even close to the middle of the pack this team moonwalks into the playoffs.
    They finally after 70 games tried to do something different and use a different setup. Maybe there is still hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 76 - Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes - SUN MAR 24TH 7:00 EST

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Im curious as to how Julien is gonna use the JK line.

Drouin is obviously still making dumb mistakes despite playing 10 minutes a game
    I think Drouin has been better overall, and Julien praised him more than criticized him after last nights presser. But there is too much on the line here, so I doubt his minutes increase from here until they make it or are eliminated.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    The one with armia was a fluke, but they should try to get domi open to snipe from the right side more often.
    I don't care about flukes. I'll take all the flukey goals we can get, they happen in hockey.

Another flukey PP goal tonight would be nice. These guys have to gain confidence in their PP.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Our zone entrance is horrible on the PP and puck possession is almost bad. I am sure we lead the league in lowest puck possession time on the PP. I think this is mostly a confidence thing.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    I think Drouin has been better overall, and Julien praised him more than criticized him after last nights presser. But there is too much on the line here, so I doubt his minutes increase from here until they make it or are eliminated.
    I think Drouin has been a total bust as a Hab.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I don't care about flukes. I'll take all the flukey goals we can get, they happen in hockey.

Another flukey PP goal tonight would be nice. These guys have to gain confidence in their PP.
    Good teams don't rely on flukes.

Good teams find a system that works.

Armia scoring on a PP might never happen again. But if Domi can get open to snipe from the right circle, that can go a long way to fixing the PP which will definitely help the team make the postseason and maybe even win one game out of the 7

Post Thanks / Like

Our zone entrance is horrible on the PP and puck possession is almost bad. I am sure we lead the league in lowest puck possession time on the PP. I think this is mostly a confidence thing.
    Its a systems thing. The setup is bad, leads to too many zone clearances, which only compounds our poor zone entry.

Post Thanks / Like

Eventually they will have to increase his minutes, they need his skill
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    I think Drouin has been a total bust as a Hab.
    If he's only playing 10 minutes a game he's a bust. But he's on pace for about a 60 point season, so that's not really a total bust.

Post Thanks / Like

Not when he's good for a goal against with his stupid lazy play

Post Thanks / Like

They will beginning next season. its a long season and he will get his 15-20 minutes. Then its up to Drouin to maintain this level in important games. But if our prospects pan out, he's in trouble to stay here long term.

Post Thanks / Like

They will beginning next season. its a long season and he will get his 15-20 minutes. Then its up to Drouin to maintain this level in important games. But if our prospects pan out, he's in trouble to stay here long term.
    He gets moved in the off season.

MB is probably already on the lookout for a busy worker bee type player who can pot 20 and not take a shift off.

Post Thanks / Like

Good teams don't rely on flukes.

Good teams find a system that works.

Armia scoring on a PP might never happen again. But if Domi can get open to snipe from the right circle, that can go a long way to fixing the PP which will definitely help the team make the postseason and maybe even win one game out of the 7
    Good teams.

LOL.

Talk about the Habs in the present sometimes would ya?

Oh and even good teams get flimsy goals. Lots of them.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

He gets moved in the off season.

MB is probably already on the lookout for a busy worker bee type player who can pot 20 and not take a shift off.
    Yeah, the problem is MB would likely replace him with Duchene.

Post Thanks / Like

Habs haven’t won in Carolina in 3-years.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Time to break that streak.

Post Thanks / Like

Not when he's good for a goal against with his stupid lazy play
    Reminds me of the same predicament Julien was in with Galchenyuk, only difference is that we’re in a playoff hunt now
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the problem is MB would likely replace him with Duchene.

Yup, if MB can make a big signing like Duchene Drouin will be a gonner
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Good teams.

LOL.

Talk about the Habs in the present sometimes would ya?

Oh and even good teams get flimsy goals. Lots of them.
    The habs are a bubble team.

We are likely to go down to the final games to find out if they even make the playoffs. That's not a good team.

And yes, every team gets flimsy goals. But do you want your entire PP success reliant on getting fluke goals? Much better to find a system that works better than 1- 10 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of the same predicament Julien was in with Galchenyuk, only difference is that we’re in a playoff hunt now
    French Galchenyuk. Maybe the yotes take him. The seem to be our preferred trade partner as of late.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast