Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Game 78 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - THU MAR 28TH 7:00 EST

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 78 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - THU MAR 28TH 7:00 EST

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Canes have a back-to-back Sat & Sun:

- home vs Philly (Sat)
    - at Pit (Sun)

Probably have a good idea by Sunday night if Habs are in fact cooked like dinner
    I think we all know the habs will do enough to stay alive until the leafs playing their AHL team beat us in the final game.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 78 - Montreal Canadiens @ Columbus Blue Jackets - THU MAR 28TH 7:00 EST

Quote Originally Posted by Exit716 View Post
    Check the standings and the Habs are 15th overall in the league, yet are out of the playoffs. Ahead of both Dallas and Colorado. This is total horseshit.
    we are only two points behind the preds

Tied with vegas and the blues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Shit hole organizations like Edmonton and Florida and even to a certain extent Buffalo tread water for a decade and never show any kind of progress and even regress despite the fact they get tremendous draft position.

I find it truly pathetic that these organizations that get gifted consistently with blue chip prospects but continuously fail.

I honestly feel that building a foundation is not only about having the prospects but building an organizational culture and philosophy that aims to improve.

I like the progress we have made and I like the fact that we have some players that we can count on going forward that can be part of a retool because they still have many good years ahead of them.
    oilers i believe are only the third team to have two 100 point players and miss the playoffs lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    KK in 2-3 years at 200-210lbs will provide that 30-year missing element (essentially since Bobby Smith), Suzuki as soon as next season should inject high end skill (to the PP at the very least), the wildcard is Poehling - if he can somehow turn into a top-2C then the wheels are in motion.

There’s no quick fix to D, unless Drouin can be flipped in a Galchenyuk type deal to a team desperate for offense & having young D to offer Anaheim?
    I think Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Romanov, Fluery, etc make the D less of a priority.

At least in that 2-3 year time frame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Except KK will not be a superstar type forward....we need a superstar type center.
    Sure I use caution with KK but I expect him to be PPG next year.

He is going to improve his skating and put on some weight this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan C View Post
    You can't see the future. We by far exceeded my expectations. I am not as optimistic as some. Career years duplicated? Time will tell. Price was great, will he be next year? They played with no pressure and no expectations. Without additions we are in the same boat next year.
    That is the thing. Price was not great.

He has historically been much better.

He was about a top 10ish goalie this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    *You're*
    welcome back

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    welcome back
    Quiet day in the office. I am sure I will bail again for a month or two. Always hope!

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

That is the thing. Price was not great.

He has historically been much better.

He was about a top 10ish goalie this year.
    Hasn't he been the best goalie in the NHL since December 1st or something like that?

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to not be lazy and checked.

Price:

Dec -- .919
    Jan. -- .953
    Feb. -- .923
    March -- .914

What's that? About .927?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Hasn't he been the best goalie in the NHL since December 1st or something like that?
    probably

but on the season as a whole - he has not

Post Thanks / Like

point being not only do i expect price to repeat his season (.917) but i actually expect him to be better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    What is it that we are doing ? A rebuild will never happen .

This regime changes direction from year to year .

If you are retooling why get Weber or Alzner or give up a top prospect for JD .

We finally capitalized on a vet like 67 but made directional mistakes .
    MB as of last years trade dadline has stuck to his plan,he has not traded away high draft picks or prospects for short term gain
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

oilers i believe are only the third team to have two 100 point players and miss the playoffs lol
    Yeah in this day and age 100 point players are superstars.

To have two forwards of that caliber and not make the playoffs is really something.
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Romanov, Fluery, etc make the D less of a priority.

At least in that 2-3 year time frame.

I have to say Mete is starting to make me wonder as to what he can really be.

He skates and is mobile but if you have that size you better be able to generate some offense beacuse the games vs heavy teams like last night he is completely overmatched
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah in this day and age 100 point players are superstars.

To have two forwards of that caliber and not make the playoffs is really something.
    2nd and 4th leading scorers

Post Thanks / Like

He skates and is mobile but if you have that size you better be able to generate some offense because the games vs heavy teams like last night he is completely overmatched
    Do not forget he is 20 years old and D men usually take a bit longer than forwards.

Sure he has been with Weber but he has lots of D zone faceoffs and maintains a positive corsi. I do not think he is going to be an elite offensive dman but I could see him being a Petry level aka good second pair type.

Weber was in the minors at 20.
    Petry did not make the NHL until 22.

Not saying he is going to be great but his play at the NHL when considering his age has been very good.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

He skates and is mobile but if you have that size you better be able to generate some offense beacuse the games vs heavy teams like last night he is completely overmatched
    He is fine as a 3rd pair D , not top 4 material

Post Thanks / Like

point being not only do i expect price to repeat his season (.917) but i actually expect him to be better
    Rose coloured glasses for you, dark shades for me. The futility has gone on too long for me to be optimistic.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415