• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 1: Leafs @ Bruins

There won't be another game like game 2 in this series. Reportedly the refs were reprimanded for game 2.
Boston was amazing for 2 months, but they did really cool-off down the stretch.
The regular season feels rather worthless to go by too much by what we are seeing across the board.
I wouldn't say the regular season is entirely worthless to judge by.

Here are all the Cup winners during the salary cap era, and their place in that year's regular season standings:

2018 - Washington (6th)
2017 - Pittsburgh (2nd)
2016 - Pittsburgh (4th)
2015 - Chicago (7th)
2014 - Los Angeles (10th)
2013 - Chicago (1st)
2012 - Los Angeles (13th)
2011 - Boston (7th)
2010 - Chicago (3rd)
2009 - Pittsburgh (9th)
2008 - Detroit (1st)
2007 - Anaheim (4th)
2006 - Carolina (3rd)

...so, the Kings are really the only serious outlier on the list. Out of those 13 winners, 8 finished top-5 and 10 finished in the top-7.

So, while there's enough parity in the NHL that any given team can win a game or a playoff series, it's a safe bet you're not going to win four consecutive series unless you were right around the top-5 in the regular season.

Remember, leafs were better with Freddy in net than Boston was with either goalie in net - with the exact same save percentage as they combined for, too

And Halak is the better of their two guys, but they are still running Rask out there.
We will be fine. We can likely win tomorrow then it's just a coin toss.
All the narratives can start going away. Will they? Probably not, unless they win. But the TO sports guys are all too lazy to observe the underlying numbers, except for Mirtle and a few others, I guess.

On the one hand, you'd get to see a Leaf playoff game on the road. That's good!

On the other hand, you'd have to spend time in Ohio. That's bad.

I've got a shit ton of family there. Do not say that in front of any Ohioan. They will get really offended. I once said that the tap water tasted gross there. It resulted in a 30 minute lecture from 3 individuals about how they have the cleanest tap water in the history of earth.

I then said they don't really have any great sushi places. The same lecture occurred. So if you guys go, just tell them that their city is the best in the world in all areas to play it safe.

So they're basically north koreans. Which is a little ironic as every time I've been in Ohio I've thought that this must be what north Korea looks like.

So they're basically north koreans. Which is a little ironic as every time I've been in Ohio I've thought that this must be what north Korea looks like.

There is a large portion that do not have passports because "what's the point of travelling? We have everything we need here."

It's probably not all that uncommon overall in the states with their whole patriotism thing. There's a long history of brainwashing there... But I haven't seen anything as bad as Columbus and the suburbs surrounding it.

It is a bit strange how few Americans I've met while travelling, especially considering the population of the country. Always meeting tons of Aussies, Brits, Irish, people from all over Europe etc. The only yanks I've run into have usually been travelling for work.

You can understand it to a point though. The U.S. might be the only country in the world you could just travel in your whole life and not get bored. They have tons of everything. Mountains, deserts, tropics, arctic, beaches, forests, lakes, Polynesian paradises. World class cities most of which have their own distinct vibe, amazing food, different cultures.

Their attitude toward and knowledge of the rest of the world can definitely be a bit off though.

It is a bit strange how few Americans I've met while travelling, especially considering the population of the country. Always meeting tons of Aussies, Brits, Irish, people from all over Europe etc. The only yanks I've run into have usually been travelling for work.

You can understand it to a point though. The U.S. might be the only country in the world you could just travel in your whole life and not get bored. They have tons of everything. Mountains, deserts, tropics, arctic, beaches, forests, lakes, Polynesian paradises. World class cities most of which have their own distinct vibe, amazing food, different cultures.

Their attitude toward and knowledge of the rest of the world can definitely be a bit off though.

Weird thing about Americans that you meet travelling is that when you ask them where they're from, they always answer with state or city, not country. No matter how obscure. Like they'll tell you the suburb of Chicago they're from as if that means anything to people from another country. I once met an American in Hong Kong among a diverse group of expats who told me he traveled extensively, but this was the first time he'd been off the mainland. "The mainland." Like that is one specific place on earth, known to everyone worldwide as the continental US.

-Hi, I'm from Canada
-Hey, I'm from Australia
-Greetings, I'm from Germany
-Hey, I'm from Helena.
-Where is Helena?
-Uh, capital of Montana, duh?.
-Oh. So you're American. Great. Go **** yourself.

It's not their fault. The education system in the States is vastly skewed towards American ideals and history. They learn very little about the rest of the world.

Leafs Scoring

1.Matthews 4gms, 3gls, 4pts, 19shts
2.Marner 4gms, 2gls, 4pts, 14shts
3.Tavares 4gms, 1gls, 4pts, 11shts
4.Johnsson 4gms, 1gls, 3pts, 12shts
5.Rielly 4gms, 0gls, 3pts, 17shts

Andersen .917

Bruins Scoring

1.Marchand 4gms, 2gls, 6pts, 12shts
2.Pastrnak 4gms, 2gls, 3pts, 16shts
3.Bergeron 4gms, 2gls, 3pts, 15shts
4.Heinen 4gms, 1gls, 3pts, 7shts
5.Grzelcyk 4gms, 0gls, 3pts, 7shts

Rask .921

that rat Marchand is pure beast. he is willing his team to victory almost by himself.

As I feared, Rask edging away on the goaltending. We can’t lose the special teams AND goaltending battle

Back